Not sure what parallel universe I've entered...

Options
But I know I don't want to go home!

I went to the mall this weekend to get some new jeans because all my others had become too baggy. I was super excited to fit comfortably into an 8 at American Eagle. So comfortably I about screamed in the dressing room. Last time I attempted a pair of AE jeans, I was barely able to squeeze myself into a 12 and left the store in near tears.

Then I headed over to Old Navy. And came home with this skirt in my bag...

2011-09-24175506413x550300x400.jpg

If you could super-zoom on that image, you would see the size on that tag is a 4. Just a 4. Without a 1 in front of it. Just a single number...4.

Now I know Old Navy is generous with their sizing, but who cares! I have a 4 in my closet! And it fits! Huzzah!

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Wonderful dear!
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Huzzah! NSV!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    LOVE your topic title too! way to freaking go :)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I am moving to America I could drop two dress sizes just flying accross the Atlantic. :bigsmile:

Seriously though that is a big boost to get into smaller clothes well done you look amazing.:flowerforyou:
  • Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Nice..AND I noticed it was clearance which makes it even better!! :smile:
  • Bullly
    Bullly Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I know what universe you are in. It's the messy bedroom universe! :laugh:

Congratulations. It's nice when your efforts pay off!
  • kirstiey
    Options
    Hope you are are going to hang it up once you have tried it on LOL
  • JosalynSmith
    JosalynSmith Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!

I recently entered a parallel universe with my size as well. I actually couldn’t believe it when I went in the dressing room with a size 8 dress and I had to request for a size 6; and that was even too big so I asked for a size 4. I was shocked that I could get my butt in a size 4. I was in such shock that I went to different stores to verify that it wasn’t just vanity sizing at that particular, and sure enough I was putting on size 4 at other stores too. I knew I was losing inches but it was just difficult for me to wrap my brain around the fact that I was actually fitting into such a small size. YAY for hard work I guess :)
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Super excellent since the clothing market has really tanked since manufacturing moved over seas, and the sizes really are smaller!
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    That's awesome, I can't wait till I'm a size 8!! Great job, Congratulations!
  • caretheaton
    caretheaton Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    LOL... I swear, my room isn't as messy as it looks! The basket of blankets at the foot of my bed got knocked over and my bags from shopping were spread out on my bed, but that's it! ...and the fan was left out from the night before... and the vhs of Say Anything fell out of my closet when I got the fan out.... and there might be a coffee mug and bowl from breakfast somewhere out of screen... but THAT'S it! ... mostly.

Thanks, everyone! It's tough sometimes to stick to it, but moments like this make it all worth it!
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I know what universe you are in. It's the messy bedroom universe! :laugh:

Congratulations. It's nice when your efforts pay off!

lets break in and put clothes on the floor........oh......hang on.....someone beat us !!!

hahaha

seriously great result and looking good !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!