I just finished lunch 5 minutes ago but............

Options
I swear my stomach feels like it's going to growl. I had a normal lunch thats filling and I literally finished it 5 minutes ago. No way could I be hungry again even if it wasn't enough.......which it was. Could it just be my stomach digesting? Weird, anyone else get this?

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Ill ask.

What did you actually have for lunch?
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Ill ask.

What did you actually have for lunch?

I had a salad with light ranch, and a tuscan chicken breast
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This happens to me a lot after dinner. I heard that it takes about 20 minutes for your stomach to communicate to your brain that it's full, so if you finish your meal quickly, your brain still thinks you're hungry.

Drink some water and wait it out - if you're lunch was filling enough, the growls will stop :smile:
  • achojnacki
    achojnacki Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like to finish my lunch with some nice flavored tea or a glass of water. If you are still feeling hungry in thirty have a piece of fruit, or something.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Growling could also be gas!!! :)
  • jonniemarie1
    jonniemarie1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    it could be the lack of carbs... sometimes you may feel like you may be hungry, still... when in reality its just your body's lack of carbs, which produces specific hormones that make you feel satieted.
  • BKnanny62
    BKnanny62 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yes, that happens to me alot. Not sure why. thats one reason . I have trouble staying with a weight lost program. But I am trying my best now . To stay with it. In my case. I think its because I have been so used to snacking all the time. and now I am not.
    So yes, it happens to me a lot.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    it took a lot of will power to just eat my sandwich and banana today for lunch. i have two granola bars and a bag of light popcorn in reserve in case i get really hungry, and 100 calories left in the day. but i didn't want to break into my reserve calories, so i just had some water and put my lunch away.
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I totally agree about the lack of carbs. It gets me everytime! I can eat a ton of salad and chicken and vegetables. Yet 30 minutes later I feel like I have not even eaten! I have learned to eat a few carbs and it makes a ton of difference.
  • olivier44
    Options
    I do not know what to do but I feel this every time I get a normal diner. To feel better, I drink a coke. That's not a good think but it is better than cookies. Almost I think so.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    it could be the lack of carbs... sometimes you may feel like you may be hungry, still... when in reality its just your body's lack of carbs, which produces specific hormones that make you feel satieted.

Carbs are not satiating..............

Fat is satiating, carbs are not. Carbs are the reason most people are hungry again in a very short time.
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I think what helps with the feeling empty problem is fiber, which is in many items that also include carbs (such as breads etc), but apples are also high in fiber. A lot of times I'll make sure I eat an apple for a morning snack if I know i'll be having a later lunch that day so that I won't be grouchy and mean. :D I like the idea of waiting 30 minutes then eating fruit if you are still growling (your stomach, I mean). Good luck this weekend, btw!