Ovarian Cyst

Options
anyone else have one/some?

OHHHH THE PAIN!!!! any advice for getting past this or minimizing the pain during workouts/etc?

Replies

• emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    i used to get them all the time. All I could really do was sit down and wait for it to get better. I found that a lot of fiber helped the pain (IBS issues made it worse for some reason) but advil or whatever painkiller you are on helps getting thorugh workouts. Also, just take a walk, it counts as exercise and it is easier on your body
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    mine get better until i do something strenuous again, and then *bam* here comes the pain again...
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    my pain was excruciating, there was no amount of painkillers that would take it away, for me it was twisting my tubes around the ovary...dont wait for it to go away, its not something to take lightly, see a doctor
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I have them. My sister has them. Had 2 removed surgically. LOTS and LOTS of pain medicine...
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I use BC pills to control mine. With out the pill I would not be able to exercise because of the pain.
  • SheShe1987
    Options
    I had them so bad I ended up having to have surgery to remove them. I agree with what emilydmac suggested...even a casual walk can be beneficial! Good luck to you. :smile:
  • JosalynSmith
    JosalynSmith Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I used to get them a lot. My cysts always seemed to burst and I'm sure it was because I didn't take it easy like I was supposed to :( I found that jumping around was extremely painful so if I was to do my workout I would go with a low impact workout like walking. I took advil for the pain and I also found that applying heat was soothing.
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Had one in July, I couldn't stand up striaght for a week, I took a week off and just watched my diet. I hope you feel better, I lived with a heat pad attatched to my stomach for 10 days!
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Like emilydmac said.... Advil or tyloenol and low-intensity workouts. Walking is definately better than nothing.

I have cysts rupture every month and all I can do for them is Advil and heat on my back. Other than birth control pills, which I can not take, the doctor said this is all I can do until they get unbearable enough that they remove my left ovary. (My right was removed as a teenager due to a large cyst).
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I got them all the time and couldn't find any OTC that would help. I finally saw the doctor, but that did leave me to get the partial hysterectomy with the removal of the left ovary. Im sure its not as severe for you but there could be some medicines to shrink the cyst.
  • krcorn5592
    Options
    I deal with these constantly. I had one removed a few years ago that was the size of a softball and they had to take out my left ovary and tube because it was all tangled together. I just had one on my right ovary but it was only about 3 cm still very painful. The doctor put me on some medication to help shrink it.... I think it was called prevera. It did the job within a few weeks but I had to stop taking it due to the side effects. I can't take many medications due to reactions. I use my heating pad a lot. I will usually put my heating pad on the area for about an hour. I have a lot of lower back pain from the cyst so I put it on the front and the back. I just push through my workout and hit the heating pad after the workout. I wish you the best of luck.
  • Sweetpeagrl
    Sweetpeagrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    wow. i never realized so many people had this problem. I got them a lot and they usually went away on their own, i took a lot of 800mg motrin to help with the paint until they were gone. A few months ago I went to the doctor cause it was so bad and they found that I had one which got to almost 12cm and so they had to remove it surgically along with my entire right ovary. Now just hoping the same thing doesnt happen to my left. The doctor I had isnt very good with information so I'm trying to find a new one that will give me some answers and I'm doing some research on recurrance as well. I'd like to keep the left one in case I want to have another baby in the future.
  • Peque1130deleted
    Options
    I just had one rupture back in October. When I went for my yearly they told me the pain was due to the fluid creating pressure and that it would go away. This was January. I went back last month because the pain didnt get any better, it normally gets bad when I am on my period. They told me I had a few more and put me on Loestrin (BC) to make them shrink. They told me it can take up to 3 months for that to happen. I am one month down, 2 to go...I hope they were right and dont need to have anything removed. I have PCOS and getting pregnant with 2 ovaries will already be tough enough, cant imagine how much harder it will be with just one.... :-/