Never thought I'd use a food scale

Options
I finally broke down and bought a food scale and started using it after thinking that I would never have the discipline or patience to weigh my food.

What a GAME CHANGER! ?

It's making me be accountable and I'm starting to see results. Why didn't I start this earlie?

Replies

• MurphmomSparkles
    MurphmomSparkles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's so fast, easy, and accurate. No measuring cups/spoons to wash. Also very handy for recipes.
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You've seen the light. Good luck.
  • Karliemyalgia
    Karliemyalgia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    A genuine game changer really, you never know how much a serving really is until you see it out on the scale! Everything has a different density so it's not a 1:1 with foods! I have an open diary and use a scale to weigh my food too. If you want to connect up as friends feel free to request me at https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/karliemyalgia
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    I hope you've figured out some of the tips that make it easier.

That would be things like
    * putting the peanut butter jar on the scale, zeroing it, then taking out the amount you want to use. The negative number on the scale is the amount you took out. Log that. (Also works for things like cutting a hunk of cheese off a block, etc.)
    * building a sandwich or salad (or other multi-ingredient thing) directly on the scale. Put the plate on the scale, zero. Add the bread, note weight, zero. Add the mayo, note weight, zero. Add the meat . . . etc.
    * chopping up little heaps of veggies or whatever to put into a soup or something at intervals, chop them all on a cutting board in separate heaps, put the board on the scale, zero. Dump the first ingredient from the board into the soup, note amount, zero. Etc.