Here I go again!

Options
OK, I have no choice but to lose the weight this time. I quit smoking July 1st and I have gained an additional 15 pounds on top of what I already needed to lose. I have a long way to go and there's NO making excuses this time. My kids are paying the price for me not taking control of myself. I am taking baby steps. I think I have always set unrealistic goals for myself and I get frustrated and quit. i'm taking it One day at a time! :)

Replies

• Chai
    Chai Posts: 22
    Options
    You sound a lot like me, I always worry that my bad eating habits are hurting my kids! Welcome to the site, I am new too. (sort of)
  • ktopping123
    Options
    So proud of you and great job on quitting smoking! Definitely on my list of things to accomplish by the end of the year. We can do it!!
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Pat yourself on the back for quitting smoking! Think of the health AND money you will save now! You're moving in the right direction now, keep going!!
  • cwalshcm
    Options
    You can do this, yes baby steps. Don't give up. Today I have already "gone off my diet" but I posted everything I ate and it is only 1:01pm so I can have a very healthy afternoon, dinner, and evening if I choose to.

I have never smoked but lost 3 family members to smoking related diseases. I believe that if you could stop smoking, you can do this to. Not just for your children, but for yourself. We can do this together!!:flowerforyou: