New here Hoping this will make shedding pounds easier!

Options
I Hope that seeing the amount of suggested calories a day to lose weight will make it easier for me to cut down by 70 pounds. If yall have any suggestions "especially ways to make vegetables more palliative id really appreciate it.

Replies

• Rookie_Eyes
    Rookie_Eyes Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    There are a couple of really simple things that people do to try to control their cravings early on. Black Coffee is pretty much water as it has 'zero calories' + has been known to help suppress hunger. Likewise eating high protein meals such as a shake, or lean meats/fish can help keep you feeling sated. Of course don't overdo it - too much caffeine is still very bad for you, and a diet of not enough carbs/fats can eventually start to cause problems also.

You won't feel "full" like you're used to if you're coming off of a more sugary diet, but it'll help if you manage it right. Going to bed earlier helps me out also. I tend to want to snack if I'm up late.
  • Abby_Moores
    Abby_Moores Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @Rookie_Eyes Thanks for the suggestions! I don't really like coffee so it'll be very easy to not over do it, And i love fish so it shouldn't be to hard to implement them aside from maybe price.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    For veggies, if you don't like many of them now, but want to eat more of them for nutrition and satiation, there are various possibilities.

For sure, if you like some, eat those!

Some people here report that their history was mostly boiled or canned veggies, and they find veggies more tasty now when they're roasted, more lightly steamed, or stir-fried.

If that doesn't work for you, another option would be to do a web search for recipes people use to sneak veggies into their picky-eater children's meals. Those can deliver the benefits of the veggies - better nutrition, more fiber, feeling fuller - while minimizing the flavors/textures that may be less enjoyable for you.

I'd also encourage you to try some new veggies, and prepare them various ways before rejecting them. Yes, that does involve having the occasionally less-pleasant dish (though you needn't eat it all, right?) . . . but it can also result in discovering some new things you truly enjoy, or some old things that become more enjoyable in new preparations.

Best wishes!