a girls only question

Options
I have been working out consistently since May. My periods have been pretty regular, until this month. I had a period from September 12-18. It was perfectly normal, then today I woke up to find i have started another period. Are my hormones freaking out from the weight I've lost or could this be something more serious? Help please.

Replies

• jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    normally with losing weight and exercise i have heard from women the opposite. never hurts to call the doctor
  • PuzzleGirl65
    PuzzleGirl65 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Please call your doctor.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    See your doctor. They know better than we do.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Well is it a full blown period or is like spotting?

Some times there can be spotting at ovulation...then there's the general "mid cycle" spotting.
  • lauehorn
    Options
    I have been working out consistently since May. My periods have been pretty regular, until this month. I had a period from September 12-18. It was perfectly normal, then today I woke up to find i have started another period. Are my hormones freaking out from the weight I've lost or could this be something more serious? Help please.

It is most likely related to weight loss/exercise, but it could be something more serious. (Unless you are taking other supplements or medications or something that may interfere with your cycle, but you didn't mention that.) You really need to call your OBGYN on this one. You can probably just call and speak with one of the nurses. They will let you know whether to make an appointment or whether you should just monitor the situation and see what happens over the next couple cycles.
  • rachelelizabeth88
    Options
    it's normal... mine has come twice a month a few times, usually it's when it's switching from the beginning of the month to the middle or end... you could also be stressed.. mine sometimes comes again if im stressed lol
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    don't you think you're better off talking to a dr if you're concerned about something? a random bunch of strangers aren't exactly the experts...
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    See your doc!
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Did you take a pregnany test?
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    When I was training heavily for swimming I would often skip periods or have 2 in one month. So if you're training heavily this probably isn't a concern. But if you aren't training vigorously then go to a doc!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Sometimes there is spotting if you are pregnant - especially at about your time in the cycle when the egg would implant.

Any chance?
  • aarnold86
    aarnold86 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have had that problem before also. Do you take birth control pills? My doctor had to change the kind that I was one and it took care of the problem. I hope that this helps but you still should call and just talk to your doctor.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I'm on the bc pill and have had consistent periods for 15 years. After changing my eating and exercise habits I started a week and a half early. I was told by my physician that it was my body reacting to the change. I went back to normal the next month. Of course if you are concerned then seek medical advice. But I bet you are just fine. :)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I have skipped my period twice because of weight loss. Your hormones can be easily thrown off. (When I started college, I didn't get my period for 6 months due to stress).
  • antijen
    antijen Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    The last time that happened to me it turned out I had a parasite. 16 years later I still have that parasite, only now it lives outside my body and wont do her homework.

Get thee to a doctor. It might be normal fluctuations, stress, whatever, but you'll feel better knowing.
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    With any sudden change, you should always consult your doctor! From what I understand (and I don't have much of a medical background) your periods could get off track if there is a sudden and drastic weight loss. Also extreme gymnasts, anorexics, etc tend to stop getting periods because of their lack of body fat, but if you have been consistent since May and gradually losing weight since May, I would just double check with your doctor to make sure.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    That's funny.. Because I am currently having the same problem..
    I'm on birth control, havent missed a single day this month.. and my period started last Wednesday.. While I was still taking the pill. I'm not supposed to start till THIS Thursday. Needless to say I'm still bleeding on and off.
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    The last time that happened to me it turned out I had a parasite. 16 years later I still have that parasite, only now it lives outside my body and wont do her homework.

Get thee to a doctor. It might be normal fluctuations, stress, whatever, but you'll feel better knowing.

LOL
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I am having the same exact problem right now! Last month I had two periods and just last week I had a wierd brown tint while ovulating!!! The only changes I have made include my work out regine and eating patterns. I still plan on going to the dr. and I seriously hope I am not pregnant b/c I am cruising to the Caribbean April (That would make me 8 months LOL).. I honestly don't see how either one of us could be preggo seeing as how we both had two periods in one month lol
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options

OMGoodness!!! TOO Funny!!!