Jogging/Walking Calories Burned

Options
I just came back from a run/walk where I jogged for 10 minutes, walked for 20 in intervals. I have a Polar FT4 hrm and these things are usually pretty accurate. When I got back home I checked the calorie count and it said that I burned 349 calories. For most of the job, I was above my target range, around 180 and the walking parts I stayed up around 155-160. My target range is 129-169 I believe for my weight, age, etc...I weigh 157 lbs and I'm 22 years old.

Now I just recently started running, I've never been able to do more than a few minutes at a time. I have asthma, but took my inhaler before I started. So......long story short, how accurate do you think 349 is considering my fitness level?

Replies

• Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You didn't say how long you jog/walked.
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    Sounds about right for 30 minutes
  • melmck2011
    Options
    Sorry, total 30 minutes. 10 minutes of jogging, 20 of walking.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    sounds right to me
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    sounds right
  • RagtimeLady
    RagtimeLady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yep, sounds right. I've had a metabolic assessment and I know exactly how many calories I burn in 3 different heart rate zones. I'd be LOST without my HRM! I'm about due to go for a second assessment - I know that I've bumped up my anaerobic threshold, so I'm probably burning fewer calories at lower heart rates, but higher at the upper end. If you can afford one, it's worth the money to know where you stand fitnesswise...