Hello

Options
Hi Everyone. I'm back after joining and quitting Noom. I've been having difficulty getting back into a routine because I've been going back and forth to Iowa to visit my ailing mother and tending to her house and affairs. I've packing on the pounds and am not feeling so good. Any inspiration is appreciated.

Replies

• droothompson
    droothompson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I didn't find Noom useful. Tried it for 6 months, but their exercises and commentary wasn't useful for a guy in my physical condition - and at that time I had an umbilical hernia which really interefered with the exercise portion.

i'm 52. Fat. (no punches pulled. i'm *very heavy*). out of shape. All the 'psychology' in Noom just made me feel preached at.

For me, the only way to do a routine is when I get up before my day gets 'started'. I get out of bed, have coffee, read the news etc for 20 minutes, and then its either a cardio or a weights routine before I have to head to work....

i'm not 'packing on pounds' or 'out of shape'. I've already packed them on, and i'm in terrible shape. But hey -- if I can find a switch to flip to start changing it, anyone can.

Start with something you can do. I found a low-impact, moderately-high intensity HIIT on Youtube that I started with 3 days a week. couple weeks back I went ebay/kijiji hunting and found barbells and dumbbells and weight plates...

I *highly* suggest getting some adjustable dumbells. they aren't 'the best body builders' , but they are convenient and will let you get a lot of exercises out of them without needing a lot of other equipment, or taking up a ton of space.

i plan on fitting all of me into one of these pantelgs by this time next year......

And.. this tool, in my not-that-humble-opinion-..... is going to help you WAY MORE than Noom.