Ate 1,000 calories over maintenance

Options
How do you stay on track diet wise over the weekend? I'm also on psych meds that can increase appetite...

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,621 Member
    Options
    I pre-log about a week out. It helps me know what’s coming up, to plan shopping lists and set expectations.

It also makes it easier to reshuffle on the fly if changes in plans come up.

Right now we are traveling, so I’m unable to plan in advance, however, I created a list of restaurants or food counters at various markets we might be interested in. My husband is also on MFP. My plan (since the burden of planning meals falls on me, lol) is to get single servings and we will split them, so we get to sample a lot of different foods without going overboard.

Really, all it takes it thought and consideration.

We’ve all gone over. Frankly, 1,000 calories over is amateur. You’ll have to try harder next time to beat me! And I’ve still managed to lose about ten sizes.
  • Janellew86
    Janellew86 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the ten size loss! I'll have to try harder tomorrow and Monday(It's Labor Day so I'll be home...)
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Just go back to normal. One or a few days of eating 1000 calories over maintenance isn't going to do much damage. If you do that routinely... then that's a problem. But losing weight is being in a calorie deficit over time....and gaining it is the same.