Getting motivation back

Options
Hey I'm Andy. For years I've had a bad relationship with food and lack of motivation towards exercise. I've had a very stressful few years and have regularly turned to food for comfort. I have started healthy eating and planned to hit the gym countless times and everything goes well for a few days untill something negative happens and everything collapses! Now weighing in at 365 pounds with type 2 diabetes and nerve pain I've taken a long hard look at myself and decided things need to change I need to think of myself and take this long journey into a healthier and stronger me! I'm not letting stress win anymore I'm putting a routine in with exercise and I'm looking at food much more positive. It's only day 1 but I'm sticking to this 100% for once in my life I'm going to fight!

Replies

• laurabolton1
    laurabolton1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Andy, welcome to the comfort food club - I know these struggles so well myself and always turn to food when stressed and depressed. Had surgery 2 weeks ago and piled the pounds back on. Type 2 diabetic also. When I am 'on it' I can ignore all temptations. But when I can't, the wheels come off in a grand fashion and I eat till I can hardly move. But you have made the first steps and this is the only app that I find works for me. Good luck
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hey I'm Andy. For years I've had a bad relationship with food and lack of motivation towards exercise. I've had a very stressful few years and have regularly turned to food for comfort. I have started healthy eating and planned to hit the gym countless times and everything goes well for a few days untill something negative happens and everything collapses! Now weighing in at 365 pounds with type 2 diabetes and nerve pain I've taken a long hard look at myself and decided things need to change I need to think of myself and take this long journey into a healthier and stronger me! I'm not letting stress win anymore I'm putting a routine in with exercise and I'm looking at food much more positive. It's only day 1 but I'm sticking to this 100% for once in my life I'm going to fight!

I am so with you. I had a terrible relationship with food, I'm a carb-addict and binger, my highest known weight was 384, and type 2 diabetic.

I'm down now about 75 lbs and still going, completely changed my lifestyle & relationship with food and it is a long-term sustainable way of eating for life for me. I was on daily insulin injections, weaned off that and put on sulfonylurea tablets, weaned off that and put on semaglutides weekly injections, and now I'm off that. Only thing left is metformin but I'm on the verge of weaning off that and reversing diabetes altogether, my daily fasting blood glucose levels have been in the low 80s and I rarely get insulin spikes anymore. Also blood pressure is down, cholesterol is looking good.

So welcome! This is doable, we all have our rough periods but this is a good place to help you through them and stay overall on track. You can do it.