I can't seem to get motivated.

Options
Hi, I just recently found this site and thought I'd give it a try. I have lost 17 pounds. I'm 5'1 and I weight 120. I'd like to weigh 110. It seems like i just can't get my mind set that I'm wanting to lose the last ten pounds. I know it's me. I know how to lose it, I just keep cheating. Help!!!!

Replies

• cajungirltx
    cajungirltx Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just recently found this site and thought I'd give it a try. I have lost 17 pounds. I'm 5'1 and I weight 120. I'd like to weigh 110. It seems like i just can't get my mind set that I'm wanting to lose the last ten pounds. I know it's me. I know how to lose it, I just keep cheating. Help!!!!
  • amccarville
    amccarville Posts: 185
    Options
    set some small goals for yourself. If your like me you will fight hard to meet each of them. Good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    That is exactly what I do - set small goals and then I am challenged to stay committed to the site and log everything. I have even got into healthier cooking.
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    :smile:

I always talk to my employees about motivation. There are two kinds: Intrinsic and Extrinsic. And you have to find where yours is at (probably a little of both). Intrinsic motivation comes from the heart and a sense of satisfaction for a job well done; whereas, extrinsic motivation comes from external rewards.

Think about why you want to loose the weight and get fit. And use some visual reminder to keep you motivated (like a picture of the beach, or an outfit you want to get into). And write down your reasons and put your list in a place where you'll look often.

The most important part of staying motivated, for me, is second chances. Take a look at my U-Turn topic at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/32807-make-a-u-turn.

All the best!