Restart my life

Okay I have this before - Restarting my Life!

For 60 plus that is 100 lbs overweight, I am in good health. Great bloodwork- sodium low, cholesterol great, blood pressure borderline.

I walk 2-3 miles daily (8,000 - 10,000 steps) Overall eat healthy. So I get frustrated that I can’t lose weight.

I will start logging my meals and up my steps.

Please wish me luck!

Also would enjoy some more friends!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,735 Member
    Okay I have this before - Restarting my Life!

For 60 plus that is 100 lbs overweight, I am in good health. Great bloodwork- sodium low, cholesterol great, blood pressure borderline.

I walk 2-3 miles daily (8,000 - 10,000 steps) Overall eat healthy. So I get frustrated that I can’t lose weight.

I will start logging my meals and up my steps.

Please wish me luck!

Also would enjoy some more friends!

Welcome! The bolded is how I lost weight at age 59-60, from class 1 obese to a healthy weight. I'm still at a healthy weight now, age 67.

For me, logging was the perfect tool, and a real revelation. I had the illusion that maybe I had a "slow metabolism" or something, because I was very active (even training and and competing as an athlete). I was pretty old, and severely hypothryroid, besides (though properly medicated).

Nope. When I started logging consistently and conscientiously, it was blazingly clear that I was eating above my maintenance calories for any sensible body weight for my size.

Gradually tweaking my eating to get reasonable calories, stay reasonably full and happy, while eating foods I enjoy that add up to overall good nutrition on average . . . that was a winner.

I'm cheering for you to succeed, because for me the result has been a big increase in quality of life today, and better odds for a happy, healthy, independent future.

Best wishes!
  • CuckooGMA
    CuckooGMA Posts: 3 Member
    I reactivated my MFP app today after using a couple of other apps with limited success. In my mid-sixties and almost back to my heaviest weight, I need to get healthier. I am in a step challenge involving a monetary gain/loss, which has motivated my increased activity.
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    I wish you much luck! But you've got something better than luck-- you've got choices. You can do this.

I'm 54 and 75 lbs down with about 100 and change to go. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.