Spinich

Options
VickiR
VickiR Posts: 11
Does anyone know if you can eat to much spinich?? I eat about 4 cups a day is this OK?????

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• VickiR
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can eat to much spinich?? I eat about 4 cups a day is this OK?????

:flowerforyou:
  • gggivens
    gggivens Posts: 46
    Options
    4 Cups a day is OK. You CAN get too much though. Spinach is high in iron, and it can cause problems. Why do you eat so of this one vegi much when there are other yummy things out there as well? Expand your diet!
  • VickiR
    Options
    Well I have been on a diet for about 2 weeks and it just seemed like spinach was the way to go in my salad. I am thinking though I may be getting to much, so I am gonna start switching it up. Thanks for your thoughts, I am gonna keep that in mind!!!!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I like mixing my spinach with romaine - that way you get a little of each :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    yep there are lots of greens you can use in salads. browse your produce section and find some other items to mix with your spinach.
  • bootsnspurs4horses
    Options
    I love my spinach mixed with romaine. . and really anything.

When I'm in a real hurry for work. . I'll rinse a can of spinch and mix in some chick peas !!! YUM !! A little garlic salt. Meal in a minute. . . if you do a full can of each. . . . it makes two meals.

But I'm with the rest of them. . .mix that spinach up !!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I love my spinach mixed with romaine. . and really anything.

When I'm in a real hurry for work. . I'll rinse a can of spinch and mix in some chick peas !!! YUM !! A little garlic salt. Meal in a minute. . . if you do a full can of each. . . . it makes two meals.

But I'm with the rest of them. . .mix that spinach up !!
    Hmmm.. must try that
  • Corsira
    Corsira Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I really love Spinich. If you are worried about getting to much iron you can always give blood. Giving blood is the best way to flush out extra iron