Just Joined...Need Advice!

Options
Hi all,

I just joined to help me lose some baby weight. I've lost just about half of the weight I gained from my pregnancy...but now the last half is STUCK. The scale is barely moving...if it's even moving at all! Any advice out there from someone who went through the same thing? Any advice on how to use this website best?

Thanks,
Steph

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Are you breastfeeding? Remember you need to eat 200-300 extra calories a day to keep up a good supply. This shouldn't hurt your weight loss efforts. I was able to lose most of my weight while breastfeeding. Exercise was key for me. Diet alone was worked for a while, then I'd stall. Adding exercise jump started things again.

Good luck!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    You will find a lot of support and knowledge here.

Please allow me to suggest you arm yourself with information there is lots and lots to read. You can start here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

there is SO much good information there. I particularly liked the your body's thoughts on calories thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/233474-the-latest-diet?hl=the+latest+diet

Best of luck! :drinker:
  • caripta85
    caripta85 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi steph,

I am also here trying to lose the baby weight, have logged in for 40 straight days :) and lost about 6 lb in those 40 days. My advice to use the site is to get "friends", it has been very helpful for me to have others who share my struggles and we all support each other! I have had much more success and dedication to my weight loss since becoming active every day. Also, when im down and need some motivation, i browse through the success stories portion of the messageboards! Some very inspiring stories there! Feel free to add me, and best luck!

Cari
  • Gia627
    Options
    Thanks everyone who responded already! I am not breastfeeding and I am working out almost daily. I do at least one work out DVD (or exercise ON DEMAND) per day and walk (as fast as I can) with the baby in the stroller. I am watching what I eat every second. I weigh myself every Monday morning...I have been stuck at a certain weight for a few weeks and today I was UP 2 POUNDS. I'm really upset about it...so any other advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cari...I added you as a friend! I also had a C-Section and took a while to recover from it. I am in the same boat!!! :)
  • caripta85
    caripta85 Posts: 102 Member
    Options

Cari...I added you as a friend! I also had a C-Section and took a while to recover from it. I am in the same boat!!! :)

:) we can do this!!
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Are you adding your exercise calories back in and eating enough calories? If not, you may put your body in starvation mode which slows your metabolism. When I see post from folks on here that have lost over 100 pounds I take great stock in their advice. The advice I have noticed the most from these folks is make sure you are eating enough calories and measure your self becausse muscle is heavier than fat so you should not get stuck on the number on the scales. So, if you don't have a lot to lose, your progress may be best kept up with measurements since you do a lot of regular exercise. Good Luck