Sept. 1 Start Date...90 day crush. Need friends, I am 55 and need to get in shape.

Options
Anyone want to team up and get healthy. I have a whole plan ready to go. I need some friends to hold me accaountable.

Cardio every other day, 10,000 steps a day, weight training 2x a week, no beer, no fried foods.

Anyone in the same boat?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,970 Member
    Options
    I prefer making incremental changes.

From your list, I'd do the "no beer" thing for a few weeks before holding myself accountable for the other goals. I might find myself with more energy for the exercising and be inclined to eat better, but I'd master the one goal before moving on to a whole host of additional goals.

BTW, I'm a terrible feed friend and never liked team sports, but I do like answering questions :lol:
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Here for accountability! Add me as a friend. I can’t seem to be able to do it on my end.
  • Slider678
    Slider678 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bri_Becq wrote: »
    Here for accountability! Add me as a friend. I can’t seem to be able to do it on my end.

Thank you!
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 812 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Slider678 wrote: »
    Anyone want to team up and get healthy. I have a whole plan ready to go. I need some friends to hold me accaountable.

Cardio every other day, 10,000 steps a day, weight training 2x a week, no beer, no fried foods.

Anyone in the same boat?

Dang it, I just missed you! I started a 30 day challenge that turned into a 90 day challenge on July 1. I’m 62 days in already and have met my goal as of today. I’ve created a new mini goal, just vanity lbs at this point, but it’s been an awesome experience. Sometimes these challenges can be impactful if you’re truly committed.

Good luck and let us know how you do!
  • Slider678
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »
    Slider678 wrote: »

Anyone in the same boat?

Dang it, I just missed you! I started a 30 day challenge that turned into a 90 day challenge on July 1. I’m 62 days in already and have met my goal as of today. I’ve created a new mini goal, just vanity lbs at this point, but it’s been an awesome experience. Sometimes these challenges can be impactful if you’re truly committed.

Good luck and let us know how you do!

Day 1 in the books! Congrats to you. Tell me about your progress?
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 812 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I just weighed and tracked my food to stay in a calorie deficit, weighed myself first thing in the morning to follow my weight trend (because weight loss isn’t linear), and used IF to shorten my eating window for adherence. I didn’t do anything else because I wanted to focus on 1 thing at a time and weight loss comes down to calories. I wanted to make the process the least complicated as possible so it mimicked everyday life and not a diet. Whenever I went overboard with too high of expectations, an aggressive workout schedule, aggressive diet, aggressive anything, I always burnt out. So, no more “dieting” for me. Just minor tweaks to meet my goals.
  • jimmydr5
    jimmydr5 Posts: 254 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Am in. If you would like to be accountable and team up. I have already made a men’s group.
  • checkmatekingtwo
    checkmatekingtwo Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hello :) add me if you like. I'm 54, exercise is hard for me due to back/hip issues but I could use the buddy to ensure I get out there and do what I can do and push myself.
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 days late, but yes I would love to be a part of the challenge! I have been struggling majorly. I got down to goal weight a couple of years ago, with the help of MFP. Have since gained around 40 lbs, so that is what I need to lose. Is everyone just coming back here to update progress?
  • florencemafaune
    Options
    Hello, I’m up for it do add me too..
  • shelley2shane
    shelley2shane Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in! Someone friend me. I need some motivation 😫
  • Slider678
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »
    I just weighed and tracked my food to stay in a calorie deficit, weighed myself first thing in the morning to follow my weight trend (because weight loss isn’t linear), and used IF to shorten my eating window for adherence. I didn’t do anything else because I wanted to focus on 1 thing at a time and weight loss comes down to calories. I wanted to make the process the least complicated as possible so it mimicked everyday life and not a diet. Whenever I went overboard with too high of expectations, an aggressive workout schedule, aggressive diet, aggressive anything, I always burnt out. So, no more “dieting” for me. Just minor tweaks to meet my goals.

Excellent plan! How is it going? How long have you been at it?
  • Slider678
    Options
    I'm definitely in! Someone friend me. I need some motivation 😫

Let's do this. How is your week going?
  • Slider678
    edited September 2023
    Options
    ghjk
  • Slider678
    Options
    Sweetzyd wrote: »
    I'm 4 days late, but yes I would love to be a part of the challenge! I have been struggling majorly. I got down to goal weight a couple of years ago, with the help of MFP. Have since gained around 40 lbs, so that is what I need to lose. Is everyone just coming back here to update progress?

Let's go. We can do this. How is week 1 going? Let's get that 40!
  • Slider678
    Options
    Hello, I’m up for it do add me too..

OK great!
  • Slider678
    Options
    Feel free to add me

OK you are in! How is your week?
  • Slider678
    Options
    Hello :) add me if you like. I'm 54, exercise is hard for me due to back/hip issues but I could use the buddy to ensure I get out there and do what I can do and push myself.

OK great! Can you walk? Steps are great!
  • Slider678
    Options
    jimmydr5 wrote: »
    Am in. If you would like to be accountable and team up. I have already made a men’s group.

Can I join the mens group? Thanks for joiing!