Help me

Options
I work at a school as an instructional assistant and according to my fitbit I get in more than 10,000 steps a day but once I get home I go straight into lazy mode. Any suggestions on motivation after a long day?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    You don't really have to do more. 10,000 steps and all the other stuff you do at your daily job is really enough.

On the weekends, plan something fun and active. :) You're fine.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you doing while in lazy mode?

What would you rather be doing and why?
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I also work at a school (I def don't get as much steps as you do!). I find that I do need time to decompress from my day when I get home --- but I also know that as I'm sedentary during my work day, I don't want to do that everyday also at home. So, when I get home, I change into my workout clothes, but then I lie down for a bit. Even just 1/2hr of being horizontal. After that, I am already dressed to go for a walk, hike, or to the gym - which helps me get up and do it.

This isn't to say that this is what you *have to do...but that's something that does help me get more regulated and more likely to be more active. But it can be anything that helps make you feel recharged. Reading for a bit, watching an episode of a fav show, other hobbies that you can do for 1/2hr-1hr....something to get you switched out of 'work mode' - regulated, decompressed, ready to do some stuff for yourself. Small snack even.
  • SleepingBeauty12345
    Options
    I'm the same. I also work at a school and I don't get enough exercise in. So I leave work and go straight to the gym! If I go home, then I find a million reasons why I should sit on my butt! So since I'm already driving home from work, I keep going and go to the gym!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Now you know why I do my workouts early in the AM and at lunch!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    If you can, pick something so much fun that you want to do it. That's not possible for everyone, but it's pretty magical for those who do find such an activity.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    No need in looking for motivation; it doesn't work too well.
    Motivation fades.

Instead, focus on doing something active that you enjoy and be disciplined enough to see it through on most days.

There are days that I really don't want to drag myself to the gym... so what ?
    I go anyway.

Discipline > Motivation

Best of Luck !