Seeking community for accountability and support

Options
eferry10
eferry10 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 2023 in Motivation and Support
Hi there, I’m currently 195 and hoping to lose 20 lbs in a sustainable way. I’m very active and love exercising (running, spin, strength, etc), but struggle with binge eating disorder that makes it very difficult to manage what I’m eating. I’ve done OA to the “f*** it” diet and right now I’m doing therapy just to process the major yo-yo’ing and how I can both accept where I am right now but also challenge myself to lose weight in a healthy way. I’m very much looking for a community of friends/accountability buddies to keep me honest and consistent with tracking and staying positive. I can’t figure out how to add friends, so anyone interested please feel free to add me! 😊

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I'm a terrible feed friend but do enjoy interacting here on the forums.

The latest episode of Half Size Me had the host and an author, both of whom have recovered from BED.

https://www.halfsizeme.com/hsm604/

In episode 604 of The Half Size Me™ Show, Heather talks with Dr. Amy Johnson (host of the Changeable podcast) about how the mind works and how understanding your mind can be a game-changer for you. Plus, they chat about

— how your brain and your thought processes affect the goals you set
    — how your mind spins stories (and what to do about it!)
    — what things to watch out for
    — and more!

Dr. Amy Johnson is psychologist, podcast host, and best-selling author. You can learn more about her work on her website.
  • Jtilly37
    Jtilly37 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out how to add you, But I'm looking for someone to be a good motivation partner as well. Would love to chat. 😊
  • Sheridansq
    Sheridansq Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey happy to jump in for accountability and support - and keeping me honest! I feel like it is something I am missing to help with the journey! Will try to figure out how to add you :)
  • Megs1424
    Megs1424 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am looking for some accountability partners. I am the queen of I will start tomorrow. I am moderalty active....but have the worst eating habits. Please add me if you want an extra person cheering you on :)
  • JoyceLuna1
    JoyceLuna1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is exactly what I need right now. I'd live to chat and find accountability group
  • jsimms2059
    jsimms2059 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Looking for support also. I’m trying the last three months to lose weight. I have actually gained 2 pounds.