Firm Express

Options
Has anyone tried the Firm Express and if so what do you think of it?

Replies

• kimvich
    kimvich Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Whats that???
  • jonesdy
    Options
    I have a DVD from the "CRUNCH" series and I like that one... Is there any way you can rent a copy from the library before buying all of those???? I really like to try something like that before buying... especially that many...
  • Laura32412
    Options
    I recently took the plunge and purchased it, so here are my thoughts after a week:

- The moves remind me a lot of the morning workouts at cheer camp in highschool. The leader (I've only done cycle 1 so far) is very energetic and motivating. I think it helps that she's muscular and not stick skinny since her figure looks attainable.
    - You need a good amount of room to perform all the moves. There are some jumps and burpee-like exercises that I found it hard to do in my bedroom, but I just modified them a little and they work.
    - 20 minutes goes by quickly, so it makes fitting in a workout much easier. You definitely sweat and if you use dumbbells your muscles will feel it.
    - Though I'm not sure how many calories I'm really burning, I've been logging the workout as circuit training.

Overall I think it was a good buy for me because I already had dumbbells (you do need at least one pair for most of the moves) and haven't had time to get to the gym. They mix cardio and weight training but still manage to keep the workouts at 20 minutes each. If you have the room to move around I say go for it!
  • kyliecakes0405
    kyliecakes0405 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started cycle 1 last week and really enjoyed it. The 20 minutes go by really fast and the after burn is great! I decided to do week one again this week just to become more familiar with the moves because the video does move quickly. Overall I was really surprised at what I got out of the 20min and it was a great change being that I was going Zumba crazy!