Cutting Soda

Options
Hello everyone!!! I love the fizziness of soda, but as I've changed my eating/drinking habits, I no longer enjoy drinking soda. Is there a such thing as carbonated water that isn't sweetened with anything?

Replies

• Texas501
    Options
    www.perrier.com/EN/index2.asp
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I drinkn clear american flavored water. Its got the fizz (carbon, which is wat i crave) and its 0 sugar, 0 calories, 0 everything. :o)

and its VERY cheap.

http://www.viewpoints.com/Sams-Choice-CLEAR-AMERICAN-Naturally-Flavored-Sparkling-Water-review-a8f82
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I drink selzer water....love it!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Good for you! And yes - club soda or seltzer water. Some are flavored but have no sweeteners, and some do have a little bit of sodium, so check out your labels. But plain ol' soda or seltzer water is basically bubbly water.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    YES!!! You can buy carbonated water like club soda, fizzy mineral water like perrier, talking rain, etc. or buy a soda stream and make your own. Like you, I love the fizziness, but don't want the sugar, artificial sugar, dyes, additives, flavorings, and other assorted chemicals that our bodies don't need and that INTERFERES with weight loss.
  • ConnieSG
    Options
    I am having a hard time coming off of diet coke!! I truly do need help with that
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    You should be able to find fizzy water in your local grocery store - either Seltzer water or other types (we have a brand called Klarbrun in our town that I drink when I want the bubbles.)

For a bit of flavor, you can add a touch of juice on occasion. But if it's calorie-free with fizz you want, you should be able to find it.

Here's a website for some brands to search for:

http://www.bizrate.com/drinks-juices/brands-of-sparkling-water/
  • Dijon360
    Options
    I bought a Sodastream fountain and it's one of the best kitchen gadgets we own. Unlimited sparkling water!!
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I bought a Sodastream fountain and it's one of the best kitchen gadgets we own. Unlimited sparkling water!!
    I too love my sodastream......great product!
  • kleverkira
    kleverkira Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I drink Lacroix or just plain club soda with a little lemon or lime. It really helps my soda cravings!
  • MsWalton
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!! I'm definitely going to pay more attention when I go grocery shopping this week.
  • 500daysofshelby
    Options
    Definitely club soda, or sparkling water like LaCroix or Perrier.

I've also cut way down on my soda too, and I'm doing great without it!
  • sonic_the_cat
    sonic_the_cat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I drink LaCroix or Perrier and squirt in a little Mio for flavor sometimes.