does this app update your target calorie intake after weight loss?

Options
I have lost 11.5 pounds since switching from the Lose It app to myfitnesspal app, but my calorie and macro target amounts hasn't reduced. The Lose it app adjusted the calorie intact every time there was a weight change. Someone told me the the myfitnesspal app adjust after each 10 pounds but mine didn't. Does it only make changes if you have the premium app? If anyone knows how this works or if I have to adjust it myself I would greatly appreciate any info!

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    MFP never updated my goal automatically. If you go to the goal setup and change the weight loss rate and/or activity level (and then change them back to what you want) you should get an updated goal 🙂
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I believe you have to put in your current weight each time you weigh for it to adjust to calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,196 Member
    Options
    Going back through the guided setup (changing goals) will make it recalculate, I believe.

For myself, I preferred to adjust my calorie goal manually, but a good part of the reason for that was that MFP's calorie estimates for me were not very on point. (Basically, I'm saying I turned out to be statistically unusual for some reason, not that MFP was somehow bad/wrong generically.)

In that scenario, it made more sense for me to compare my average weight loss rate over the most recent several weeks with the (sensibly moderate) loss rate I was aiming for, and adjust calories as needed to get the rate about where I wanted it to be.

If MFP's estimates for you have been spot on or very close, going back through the goals/guided setup should work fine for you.
  • mpryor12
    mpryor12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for replying with this info. I was adjusting my weight by "checking in" but went through the guided set up and updated it there and it recalculated my target calories at my "new" weight. I appreciate your help!
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My experience is every 5-10 pounds I change the goal rate then change it back, and it updates/recalculates.