Not eating enough calories but not hungry

Options
I just recently started using this app more out of curiosity than anything. I thought I was eating a lot, but it turns out I’m only eating about 800 cal, 900 on a really hungry day. The app keeps telling me that I’m not eating enough, but at the end of the day I’m not hungry. Should I eat even though I’m not hungry? Is it really bad I’m not eating 1,000 cal?

Replies

• MurphmomSparkles
    MurphmomSparkles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    See a doctor and get professional advice if that is your accurate caloric intake.
  • Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I am actually the same….
    I am scanning everything and I’m eating about 1000-1100 calories a day…
    I scan the barcodes on every food item and some are inaccurate so I put i create it as a new food..

I’ve sat at work for two days for 1/2 an hour contemplating whether I want to eat my sandwich…

It’s now 1.18pm and all I’ve had this morning is 2 cups of tea and some chicken bites that were 47 calories

Yes (previous days) I eat enough protein and fibre…because I meal prep and make my own meals…just whilst was at work I sort of fancied a sandwich
    I have a protein bar here and don’t even feel like eating it because I feel so full! I could actually pass for Mrs Santa Claus!

I feel you…and yes I had a previous eating disorder…but this isn’t back to my habits…I’m enjoying things like ice cream and chocolates and things too but I just can’t eat it

I am full of beans aswell 🤣🤣
    I have protein shakes…just haven’t been able to work out this week because I have sciatica from pulling and pushing people at work (I work in a hospital)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    If you have a history of eating disorders, contact your team.

If weight loss is your goal, it is extremely common for people to eat more than they think.
    • If you're consistently losing @ two pounds a week, your logging is likely accurate and you are indeed under eating.
    • However, if over a month you only lose a pound or two, let us know and we will help you correct your logging.

Another possibility is that you've recently changed the way you eat and are in the "honeymoon" period, in which case, your appetite will return.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Lildarlinz wrote: »
    I am actually the same….
    I scan the barcodes on every food item and some are inaccurate so I put i create it as a new food..

I’ve sat at work for two days for 1/2 an hour contemplating whether I want to eat my sandwich…

It’s now 1.18pm and all I’ve had this morning is 2 cups of tea and some chicken bites that were 47 calories

Yes (previous days) I eat enough protein and fibre…because I meal prep and make my own meals…just whilst was at work I sort of fancied a sandwich
    I have a protein bar here and don’t even feel like eating it because I feel so full! I could actually pass for Mrs Santa Claus!

I feel you…and yes I had a previous eating disorder…but this isn’t back to my habits…I’m enjoying things like ice cream and chocolates and things too but I just can’t eat it

I have protein shakes…just haven’t been able to work out this week because I have sciatica from pulling and pushing people at work (I work in a hospital)

What's your weekly weight loss goal and, over the last 5 weeks, how much weight have you lost?
  • Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Lildarlinz wrote: »
    I am actually the same….

What's your weekly weight loss goal and, over the last 5 weeks, how much weight have you lost?

Hi :)

I started on 28th august…
    I had a few holidays so wanted to enjoy them..
    I took had an eating disorder plus I went through psychosis where I piled all the weight on.
    I was 11 stone 11 on 28th august
    Today I am 11 stone 6 so I’ve lost 5lb in 3 weeks
    I’ve put I’m sedentary…so it’s given me 1200 calories to lose 2lb a week
    I wasn’t a big eater before (well thought I wasn’t)
    I’d have breakfast…and then have a largeeeee dinner…and lots of takeaways and alcohol

I am doing the 2lb a week until I get to about 11 stone…and then I’m going to up my calories so I lose a 1lb a week which I believe will be 1570 :D

And yes I’m getting vitamins (tablet form) I have never liked fruit apart from apples and I don’t like fruit juices but I eat all fresh meals that I make from scratch or fresh meats brought from Aldi or Asda :) so I’m getting my protein and veggies in :D

Im not sluggish or tired…I feel great! I actually feel better than what I did before :)
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    nj9r7vmycw wrote: »
    I just recently started using this app more out of curiosity than anything. I thought I was eating a lot, but it turns out I’m only eating about 800 cal, 900 on a really hungry day. The app keeps telling me that I’m not eating enough, but at the end of the day I’m not hungry. Should I eat even though I’m not hungry? Is it really bad I’m not eating 1,000 cal?

what is your height, weight and goal? are you trying to gain weight, trying to lose weight, trying to understand your eating habits or ???

and how are you logging your food? do you weight things like slices of bread, mayo, cheese or are you guessing or figuring each slice or piece is a single serving?
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,029 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    What’s your current weight and goal weight? How much weight have you lost so far, and over what kind of timeframe?