Not new but…

Options
So I am definitely not new here and not just starting in regards to my fitness goals or weight loss…what I am new to is doing this with other people. I have been flying solo but decided to give the MFP community a try. So far I have lowered my blood pressure by 35/20, dropped 10 inches off my waist, got my diet to a place where I am full, enjoying my food, and hit my stride with calories. I have added both cardio and weightlifting, and lost 98 pounds. Now I am looking for some motivational people to help get me through the back 9 of my weight loss. I feel I can also help others seeking support and motivation, so if you are one of those people, please feel free to reach out here, send a friend request (I can’t send them at the moment and working with MFP to figure out why but I can receive them), a message, or drop a comment.

Be Well,
~J~

Replies

• sugarfreesquirrel
    sugarfreesquirrel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You are very inspiring!!!
  • pattifishellpage
    Options
    Can I ask what plan were you following to hav so much success?
  • Livin_At_The_Gym
    Livin_At_The_Gym Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @pattifishellpage sorry about the late reply. For whatever reason I’m not getting notifications for these discussion posts.

I’m a vegan but I also do intermittent fasting. I eat a low calorie dinner then snack heavily between 7-9pm. After that I stop eating and don’t eat again until dinner. During the day I have black coffee, green tea, and water (sometimes I infuse it with cucumber, lemon, ginger, etc) It’s definitely not for everyone but I find it much easier and have had no problems with hunger, energy, etc.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,926 Member
    Options
    @pattifishellpage sorry about the late reply. For whatever reason I’m not getting notifications for these discussion posts.

I’m a vegan but I also do intermittent fasting. I eat a low calorie dinner then snack heavily between 7-9pm. After that I stop eating and don’t eat again until dinner. During the day I have black coffee, green tea, and water (sometimes I infuse it with cucumber, lemon, ginger, etc) It’s definitely not for everyone but I find it much easier and have had no problems with hunger, energy, etc.

From https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/account-privacy > Notification Preferences you can update your notification references.

While it says, "Choose to be notified by notification popup or email," all I see are popup options. This is all I want - I'm in MFP everyday and seeing that there is a red number on the bell is what I use.

From the app within Community, click on your avatar > Account & Privacy settings > Notification Preferences
  • Livin_At_The_Gym
    Livin_At_The_Gym Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks. All my settings are set up to get the notifications. I think it’s my phone. Have a new on on the way…been having problems with it :/