Diet and pregnancy

Options
Hi

Any recommendations for pregnant women???
Is it possible to cut calories in pregnancy without harming the baby??

Replies

• Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Me personally I wouldn’t even try to diet during pregnancy..
    You need all the nutrients and vitamins to support babies well-being aswell as your own

I ended up with low platelets during my pregnancy…where I had to be put on iron tablets and was denied a water birth as it was deemed dangerous and I used to get blackouts…

I would enjoy your pregnancy and eat whatever baby wants/craves and worry about shifting the weight after :) xx
  • herringboxes
    herringboxes Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    No, it’s not safe to be in a calorie deficit during pregnancy.

Focus on getting good nutrition and exercise.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    This is something you should discuss with your doctor/midwife/ medical professional.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    Discuss with a medical professional.
  • BAYAN95bonbona
    BAYAN95bonbona Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks all .
    of course I will discuss with my doctor 👩‍⚕️ in the upcoming appointment.

However . I’m not cutting a large amount of calories per day, I think 1800 calories sounds good in the first trimester. Especially if Im eating healthy choices and avoiding junk food, sugar, ..etc
  • kcd394
    kcd394 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I plan to ask my doctor the same question. What exercises are OK and how many calories should I eat? I don't want to gain back the 30 lb I lost, but realize I should eventually gain some 20 ish during the pregnancy. I know exercise is probably a good idea to minimize weight gain and help prevent gestational diabetes, just not sure what kind is ok.
  • Janellew86
    Janellew86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Walking should be fine as long as you don't have any restrictions.