Greek Yogurt

Options
What kind of greek yogurt is good and doesn't have that dry texture to it? I love the Trader Joe's Honey Greek yogurt but it has 29 g of sugar (I believe). I don't know if that is a good sugar count for greek yogurt or not. I would like to try a yogurt that has lower sugar but no addiives. Thanks.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i like Fage0 or 2%
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    29g of sugar?? Yikes!! Plain non-fat Fage has 7g sugar. If you add in sugar-free or low-sugar fruit jelly/preserves and/or fresh fruit it is delicious.
  • AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much sugar is in it but the only kind I've tried is Chobani low fat with fruit on the bottom.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Aldi's plain greek yogurt... and flavored with some mio.. delicious! And only 90 calories for 6oz.
  • mjgregg12
    Options
    Chobani, Yoplait, Brown Cow, they're all good.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% w/ fresh berries
  • JenOman
    JenOman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Kirkland brand greek yogurt (Costco) It is AWESOME!! I was looking for the Fage 0%, but my Costco just has the Kirkland and it is so much better. It doesn't have as strong of a tang to it and it has a good amount of protein and low sugar. Plus, it is CHEAP!
  • ShannonTodd
    ShannonTodd Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Chobani or Fage Non-Fat. Any flavor.
  • daves160
    Options
    Fage, chobani and other high quality Greek yogurts are what you want. Plain yogurt and mix in honey, nuts etc.
    Look at the nutrients(duh) and see how many gram's of protein it has. It should have at least 20 per serving.

There are so much more good things in the better quality ones that will help your body not only lose weight, be be much healthier.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I also buy plain, fat free and add my own items (honey & vanilla, berries, etc)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Kirkland brand greek yogurt (Costco) It is AWESOME!! I was looking for the Fage 0%, but my Costco just has the Kirkland and it is so much better. It doesn't have as strong of a tang to it and it has a good amount of protein and low sugar. Plus, it is CHEAP!

I agree..the Costco one is quite good. I do put low sugar preserves in it as well as fresh blueberries and 1/4 cup granola...
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things to eat is 3oz of Fage 0% fat, mixed with either a can of tuna or chopped up grilled chicken, and cut up a stalk of celery. Sprinkle on some lemon pepper and celery seed... mmm.
  • andyloosbrock
    andyloosbrock Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Is that stuff that Uncle Jesse is hocking in TV any good?
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Kroger brand. It is sweetened with steevia

Second favorite is chobani
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Chobani is my favorite out of the ones I have tried.
  • marzahl68
    Options
    I like them all! The dryer kind reminds of Quark (Curd cheese, popular back home in Germany). I buy mine plain and flavor with honey, fruit or just leave it plain as it is!
  • scleesh
    scleesh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Here are the ones that I've tried and the sugars in them:
    Yoplait Strawberry Greek - Sugar - 20
    Yoplait Honey Vanilla Greek - Sugar - 18
    Chobani Blueberry Greek - Sugar - 20
    Dannon - Oikos Fruit on the bottom - Blueberry - sugar -19
    Dannon - Oikos Fruit on the bottom - Vanilla - Sugar -18
    Taste of Inspirations - Vanilla - Sugar - 17

None of these are great on Sugar.
    The Dannon Oikos is my absolute favorite- I LOVE them. (and I normally hate yogurt - LOL)

Good Luck!!
  • MamaCat9
    Options
    I enjoy Chobani
  • lauehorn
    Options
    What kind of greek yogurt is good and doesn't have that dry texture to it? I love the Trader Joe's Honey Greek yogurt but it has 29 g of sugar (I believe). I don't know if that is a good sugar count for greek yogurt or not. I would like to try a yogurt that has lower sugar but no addiives. Thanks.
    I like Fage 2% with a teaspoon of Agave Nectar, if I need something sweet, or some fresh fruit (whole or pureed).
  • We3Rock
    Options
    I use Fage 0%. My son says there is no flavor. But I am always adding a little honey or fresh fruit so I don't notice the flavor or texture.

ALSO, I use it instead of sour cream with everything. My kids never knew the difference. :wink: