Need ideas please

Options
Fattyohfat
Fattyohfat Posts: 51 Member
Breakfast is either oatmeal and fruit, or eggs with some cheese, veggies, and a wrap.

I AM BORED OF THESE. Boredom is a big trigger for me I'll go get doughnuts or some *kitten*.

So I need breakfast ideas.
recipes
webpages
suggestions

Thank you in advance.

Replies

• Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @Fattyohfat : How about a breakfast pizza? You can customize it according to what you want/need. Here's a link: https://skinnytaste.com/breakfast-pizza/#recipe

I don't know if the dough can be frozen or made ahead of time for busy mornings, tho.
  • gceinca
    gceinca Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try hungry-girl.com. Type "breakfast" in the search bar and you will see many recipes. I love Hungrey Girl! Amazing low cal meals (many one person recipes that a very filling and delicious).

There are also hardcover Hungry Girl cookbooks published. Check your local library to see if they carry any!
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Just eat regular food-- chicken, steak, salads. Some people do breakfast for dinner, you can also do dinner for breakfast.
  • dchesna272
    dchesna272 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have you tried poached eggs on a salad for breakfast? It's great when you add fresh blueberries or strawberries. Also try making a burrito and add leftover chicken, pork, etc.
  • JaquelinePhi
    JaquelinePhi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I enjoy mushroom cheese omelette
  • crissy2009
    crissy2009 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal but I change it up.

I make overnight oats with different flavored sugar free pudding and vanilla protein shake.
    Or I take the oats and add egg whites, splash vanilla, splash of vanilla protein shake and a bunch of blueberries and put it in the air fryer. It’s dense but I can eat it like a cake. My daughter adds a little bit of syrup when I make it for her.
    You can also blend them and add egg, vanilla protein shake and vanilla and put in a mini waffle maker.
    I’m old. Need to keep cholesterol down 🤣
  • swtmdr228
    swtmdr228 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    crissy2009, where and how do you get the vanilla protein shake?
  • Fattyohfat
    Fattyohfat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. Some really great ideas.
  • LittleSimMama
    LittleSimMama Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I often will eat cottage cheese with fruit or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat. During the week, breakfast and lunch are high protein/low cal - and I will typically make a whey protein drink for lunch since I do not have time to sit and eat. I try to focus on other things than food for those meals since I am busy. On Sunday, I'll stop counting calories and have a indulgent, but healthy meal such as huevos rancheros with whole wheat tortillas, low carb/high protein cottage cheese pancakes served with homemade blueberry sauce instead of maple syrup.