My drunken NSV

Options
JaenaM
JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
Ok, last night I was in a mood and wanted to DRINK! I'm not a big drinker these days so those moods are getting more and more rare; they must be capitalized upon when they arise! My NSV is not that I got drunk, promise. It's that I got drunk on vodka, ate pizza and butterscotch pudding and basically had a total night of indulgence but I did NOT binge, tracked everything, and I stayed in my calorie range. Drinking has always been a binge trigger for me so not binging and not even wanting to was something new. I only had 4 shots of vodka total but it was enough to compromise my sanity with food... but it didn't! ALSO, I was drinking with a smoker girlfriend (I just let go of smoking a couple weeks ago) and she was smoking like a chimney. I did not smoke and I did not even want to (drinking is always the thing that brings me back to smoking too). Ok THEN, I got up at 5:30 this morning and went for an hour long hike. How do ya like them apples? It's so nice REALLY knowing that I've turned a corner and made that change. It's like I shed 1000 pounds, on the inside. Now if my outside wants to catch up I'd be super happy with that too! I don't see a big difference yet but I sure do FEEL it!

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    awesome...and sounds like a fun night!
  • kd80538
    kd80538 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Learning how to live in a new lifestyle - especially when you are faced with the temptation is half the challenge!
  • JaenaM
    Options
    Thanks! Sorry for the double post!
  • cc8088
    Options
    WAY TO GO! I myself like to go out with friends on occasion and it is very hard to control eating habits when you are feeling tipsy. I too have recently given up smoking. In fact it was 1 month ago yesterday. Speaking from experience what you did is very hard and I am proud of you!
  • JaenaM
    Options
    WAY TO GO! I myself like to go out with friends on occasion and it is very hard to control eating habits when you are feeling tipsy. I too have recently given up smoking. In fact it was 1 month ago yesterday. Speaking from experience what you did is very hard and I am proud of you!

Thanks so much and congrats on giving up smoking! Life really is better as a nonsmoker :)
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    this is the type of NSV that I love to read about (and have personally) that reflect a positive change INTERNALLY. Way to go! I love when I have a few 'treats" and track them, only to stay in my goals; it's like my body compensates throughout the rest of the day by not being hungry/etc.
  • KirstFaye
    KirstFaye Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can relate...I only drink in a blue moon now and quit smoking a year ago. I still look at people smoking and want to snatch it out of their hands and smoke it, but I don't. Drinking does lead to eating and smoking, you did great by not falling into the trap! Good job.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Wow, I really applaud the willpower. That's awesome!
  • JaenaM
    Options
    Wow, I really applaud the willpower. That's awesome!

That's what was so funny! I didn't use willpower; I simply didn't want to do those behaviors. That's what let me know I've truly changed I'm still high on it today!
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Super fantastic! Great job on keeping balance!
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It feels like you had a sense of control without hating to have to be in control! Well-done!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    good for you! don't you love that? this weekend I partied like a rock star. I went over, but not by much. and now that I think of it, we staggered home quite a distance and i didn't track that as exercise....nor the 5-6 trips to the washroom two stories up...maybe I was under after all.

hmm. new topic idea, off i go...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!