Foot injury! Recommendations wanted for YouTube strength training workouts with no standing.

Options
Have been in a good groove with strength training but need to take at least two months off of any standing workouts to heal my foot injury. Does anyone have a favorite YouTube channel for seated and lying down strength training? TIA!!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Since no one, myself included, came through for you, since you're injured and under a doctor's care, how about you get a referral to physical therapy and ask your therapist?
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Try Hasfit. I used to use them when I was unable to do stand up exercises.
  • MurphmomSparkles
    MurphmomSparkles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks @kshama2001 and @fabgeekmom. It's a long story but I won't be doing any more PT for this due to being told it is not appropriate after MRI showed bursitis. I appreciate you both taking the time to advise! I will check out Hasfit.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Thanks @kshama2001 and @fabgeekmom. It's a long story but I won't be doing any more PT for this due to being told it is not appropriate after MRI showed bursitis. I appreciate you both taking the time to advise! I will check out Hasfit.

Oh! Thanks for reminding me I need to call the scheduler back for my ankle MRI. Depending on the results, I may insist on your long story :smiley:

However, I don't have any redness or swelling and neither my PT nor podiatrist mentioned this as a possibility.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    If you search something like "wheelchair weight lifting" or "wheelchair strength training" on YouTube, there are various videos that might give you ideas. Some of them are obviously mild or for people who are rehabbing or still in disease states, but some look pretty serious.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    When I was dealing with a foot injury last year, I found a lot of "Pilates" videos on You Tube. They don't use the actual machine, of course, but they worked your whole body without ever standing up. And they were tough! I still do them.
  • MurphmomSparkles
    Options
    Thank you @AnnPT77 and @BZAH10
    I will check those out for sure!
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    So sorry this happened; what a source of frustration! I’ve been using some of the videos on a YouTube channel called SeniorShape with Lauren, and there are some for seated exercises with weights, I think.
  • MurphmomSparkles
    Options
    Thanks so much @history_grrrl