Question

Options
Why do i feel like i get a better cardio workout on my peloton vs the cardio equipment at the gym? I just rode for 45
Geez louise

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Cardio equipment at the gym doesn't necessarily have you doing a set workout designed to get the most out of your time. In other words maybe you just push harder when you are being told what to do... I know I do. It's why I like spin classes and such more than just riding the stationary bike at the gym solo. Good luck. Enjoy your Peleton!
  • cszulc
    cszulc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Group fitness instructors are great! I definitely push myself much more in a group class versus solo workout. Do you have live spin/cycling classes at your gym? I like the peloton too (use when travelling) but nothing beats an in-person class!!
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Probably bc you have an instructor (even if it's virtual)?

Running at the gym on a treadmill feels like death to me vs. running outside - and it's simply bc it's way nicer to be outside.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The same reason you're going to get a better workout in a spin class vs droning away on a stationary bike. Having an instructor, whether in person or virtual is generally going to push you harder. Also, the workout is structured.
  • pauloalvarez000000
    Options
    It's possible that the Peloton engages you more with its interactive classes and varied routines, making your cardio session feel more intense. Did you find the Peloton workout more enjoyable than your usual gym routine?
  • dmsheehan29
    dmsheehan29 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    With the Peleton there is much more of a choice in music, instructors, intensity ect... to tailor to your personal fitness needs. Gym cardio seems to be more one dimensional. I personally love my Peleton and getting that kind of cardio workout in my own home at my convenience is awesome!!!