New beginning

Options
Hi my name is Louise. I’ve just started the gym and the beginning of my new journey. I’ve joined the classes and also a 8wk program with Georgia. In my first week I’ve lost weight and inches. I feel a lot better in myself. I can’t thank Georgia for all her support she is amazing.

Replies

• notanotherjohnson
    Options
    That's amazing!!!! Congratulations! These are excellent choices and patterns to develop! Good luck!

Pro tip - don't be disheartened if your success isn't always trending so fast and in the direction you want. I remember stalling out or even gaining, but the healthier patterns meant I was gaining muscle even if I wasn't losing weight, or the water weight would drop again later.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Finding a routine that works is important as is patience. This road isn't necessarily a straight one and you'll zig and zag and that's normal.
  • deborahhonsinger
    Options
    Just restarting my weight loss journey. Need to decrease stress by being more active. Knowing what exercise you enjoy should help. I love jumping rope, walking with a friend and biking. Thanks for reading:)
  • Dorine63
    Dorine63 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Best wishes on your journey. Sounds like you are off to a good start. Don't be disheartened by plateaus and setbacks. I have had both and thought I was at the end of my weight loss without reaching my goal. After 2 years of being on a plateau I couldn't break, one day at a routine doctor visit my weight was down 15 pounds. I have continued to lose weight since then & am down 37 pounds.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Louise. I’ve just started the gym and the beginning of my new journey. I’ve joined the classes and also a 8wk program with Georgia. In my first week I’ve lost weight and inches. I feel a lot better in myself. I can’t thank Georgia for all her support she is amazing.

That's great! Paying attention to how you feel will really help. You'll keep feeling better, have more energy, get stronger. So glad you are feeling good, it can feel wonderful to do something positive for oneself. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!