Smoothies.

Options
For those of you who have followed my previous post...don't worry...I AM NOT ARGUING WITH SMOOTHIE KING WORKERS LOL.

I've been making my own smoothies at home. And even tho it was just fruit and water I found myself wanting more and more.

I recently made a change. I began adding veggies and avacado to the smoothie and it made a world of difference. It satisfyied my craving for fruit juice but the addition of the veggies and avacado made it less sweet and so I didn't feel like I needed to drink 15 smoothies.

Feel like I made a positive Stride in the right direction.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan.
  • cdennis9154
    cdennis9154 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I feel really good about it.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have followed my previous post...don't worry...I AM NOT ARGUING WITH SMOOTHIE KING WORKERS LOL.

I've been making my own smoothies at home. And even tho it was just fruit and water I found myself wanting more and more.

I recently made a change. I began adding veggies and avacado to the smoothie and it made a world of difference. It satisfyied my craving for fruit juice but the addition of the veggies and avacado made it less sweet and so I didn't feel like I needed to drink 15 smoothies.

🤣😂 sounds great. You're awesome. Hopefully you didn't take anything from the last post too personally 😆
  • cdennis9154
    Options

🤣😂 sounds great. You're awesome. Hopefully you didn't take anything from the last post too personally 😆

Hey you! You're awesome as well. You guys were right...I was wrong. We are all here to show love and moral support. So I apologize to you and the other users I got a little chippy with. Maybe I needed a snickers or something lol.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hey you! You're awesome as well. You guys were right...I was wrong. We are all here to show love and moral support. So I apologize to you and the other users I got a little chippy with. Maybe I needed a snickers or something lol.

I can't find the earlier Smoothie King thread and it's driving me crazy :lol:

Anyway, maybe you're on to something about needing a Snickers: you added fat via avocado to your new and improved smoothie. You likely added fiber as well. Are you adding protein powder?

Plain fruit smoothies are high in sugar and low in fat and protein, so never satisfied me until I cracked that code.
  • cdennis9154
    Options

I can't find the earlier Smoothie King thread and it's driving me crazy :lol:

Anyway, maybe you're on to something about needing a Snickers: you added fat via avocado to your new and improved smoothie. You likely added fiber as well. Are you adding protein powder?

Plain fruit smoothies are high in sugar and low in fat and protein, so never satisfied me until I cracked that code.

Lol you probably can't find it cause I got reported and so I think they took it down. But I was a little out of control lol. I joked about fighting with a smoothie king worker and so ppl thought I was literally fighting and picking on the guy but I was being dramatic lol. And so I somebody told me that I should make my own smoothies and stop picking on the worker.. and that sugar was unavoidable. And I ended up calling somebody captain obvious (whomever you are I apologize).

Ironically I am on my way to pick up some flavorless whey to add that to my smoothie as well. But you are so right. Adding those really balanced it out and help me me control it more it. I just want to get the best out of my macros.
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yeah the avocado fat is definitely great for satiety, and dampens the cravings that come from the carbs.

Also putting in coconut oil, or protein powder would help me. And I haven't tried it but I'm guessing MCT oil would also be good.

When I was more into smoothies I would do a lot more green smoothies with kale, spinach, mustard greens-- whatever I grew or could find on sale at the farmer's market. Then a little fruit, a little ice, some stevia and lemon balm (or lemon juice & a stevia packet)... much more filling than just fruit smoothies which really shot up the sugar & carbs for the day.
  • doubly436
    doubly436 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    smoothies are best but i still depend on age old way of consuming milk.. milk with turmeric.. curcuminoids are areal help if you are recovering from aliments
  • doubly436
    doubly436 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    smoothies are best but i still depend on age old way of consuming milk.. milk with turmeric.. curcuminoids are areal help if you are recovering from aliments