Prize Suggestions for a Weight Loss Contest?

Options
I'm running a "Biggest Loser" challenge at my job, but having a tough time convincing my boss that an iPad is an appropriate prize (even though they raffle them off for just completing a survey...priorities). In any event, he wants alternatives to the iPad. So far I've come up with a Wii Console complete with Wii Fit plus...and.....? Help? What would be a) approriate b) cool enough to make people want to participate c) on par or just below an iPad?

Replies

• marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Spa day!
  • trailgetter
    Options
    One year paid membership at a gym?

6 paid sessions with a personal trainer?
  • Leola2011
    Options
    Kindle? Nook?
  • chefswife67
    Options
    A Gift card ... So they can go buy them some new clothes.
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I want a Spa Day!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :love: or a Xbox360 with the moving around body thingie... :laugh:

Maybe a weekend vacation at a resort (some are pretty reasonable off season)
  • sleepy7
    sleepy7 Posts: 104
    Options
    MONEY!! $$$ HAHA
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    money like $300 (thats basically the same amount for an ipad
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    gift certificate to a healthier local restaurant - or gift card to whole foods or upscale/organic grocery store or local farmers market.

maybe a nice kitchen appliance that you can use to make healthier things, like a blender, mini food processor, magic bullet type deal, something along those lines.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    a nice heart rate monitor? gift card to the Nike website? P90X system?
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Spa day is my No. 1 choice!!! Personal trainer for a few sessions, Ipod, gift certificate for their favourite place to shop for clothes...........
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head:

Body Bugg with a year site membership

Gym membership as trailgetter already mentioned

Certificate for a wellness exam at a local doctor's office

Heart-rate monitor

One year membership to MyFitnessPal :wink:

Other workout-type accessories or apparel (the fitness club I'm part of through my work has a coach's award for each session. We already get a wicking shirt for completing a certain number of workouts out of the 12-week session, so the prize is usually a some other accessory. Last session it was a wicking had with a sweatband-type material where the headband is. Actually quite nice...)
  • bt806
    bt806 Posts: 22
    Options
    not an appliance
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    IPod Touch?

1 year gym membership?

Personal Chef made dinner?

Day off work paid?
  • scol14
    Options
    An ipod touch with a pedometer... Fitness gear/clothing/new sneaks
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Gift card to Academy

Certificate for ?? sessions with nutritionist, personal trainer

Arm band with MP3 player

Definitely american express or other type gift card so clothing can be updated for the new SLIM THEM!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I like all the above suggestions! A GC to Kohls or another store would be great for new clothes!

At my work everyone weighs in once a week. The biggest loser is exempt and everyone else puts in a dollar. The last weigh in of the month is based on the entire month so everyone puts in $5. At the end of our contest (December 31st) the biggest loser gets the pot!
  • kgesq
    kgesq Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A Gift card ... So they can go buy them some new clothes.

You know, you're right! LOL I could use that, myself!
  • kgesq
    Options
    I like all the above suggestions! A GC to Kohls or another store would be great for new clothes!

At my work everyone weighs in once a week. The biggest loser is exempt and everyone else puts in a dollar. The last weigh in of the month is based on the entire month so everyone puts in $5. At the end of our contest (December 31st) the biggest loser gets the pot!
    I like this version. Maybe we should have tried that. People weren't happy about the "pay to weigh" set-up. This way, you get small rewards along the way. But the biggest loser gets a big payoff!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hec! I want an ipad.
    Wii, not everyone are into that beside I already have playstation.
    Money is the best gift since they can buy whatever they want specially with the economy right now.
  • kgesq
    Options
    Hec! I want an ipad.
    Wii, not everyone are into that beside I already have playstation.
    Money is the best gift since they can buy whatever they want specially with the economy right now.

I know re: Wii..but they can give a really cool gift to someone, sell it...I'm thinking giftcard too, though for the same reason.