Totally confused here..

Options
So I've been walking 30 minutes in the AM, 30 minute workout at curves, walking 30 minutes in the PM 4-5 days a week since mid January. I am 5.61/2 and started out at 151.4. I have kept my calories in the 1400 range and guess what-im 152.4-WHAT ON EARTH!?
I'm totally confused by the earned calories thing from me working out!? Is that why I am not losing, am i working out too much and not eating enough? I'm confused as to why at 7pm when I am done eating and back from my workout-it says i have 766 calories left!?
Any suggestions or tips would be awesome-THANKS!

Replies

• clhales2002
    Options
    So I've been walking 30 minutes in the AM, 30 minute workout at curves, walking 30 minutes in the PM 4-5 days a week since mid January. I am 5.61/2 and started out at 151.4. I have kept my calories in the 1400 range and guess what-im 152.4-WHAT ON EARTH!?
    I'm totally confused by the earned calories thing from me working out!? Is that why I am not losing, am i working out too much and not eating enough? I'm confused as to why at 7pm when I am done eating and back from my workout-it says i have 766 calories left!?
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Look no further.... lots has been discussed on this topic at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

Happy reading.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

so, is curves measuring you? if so, i guarantee you have lost several inches. have them measure you now - even if you have never been measured. i work out there and get measured once a month. last time, i had only lost 3 pounds but i had lost 7 inches...but difference.
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

This is a link to a thread that has tons of links to it, that help with your issue.

And personally, i didn't lose any weight for a really long time, and could not figure out why. Well then I decided to be completely honest with myself (which apparently i wasn't being earlier, even though I thought I was) and write down EVERYTHING that I put in my mouth. I definitely noticed that while my cals. were on target, my fat, carbs, sodium were out of this world. I had never pd. that much attention to that part, which was a huge mistake. So make sure your looking at everything in your food diary to make sure you're on target.

Also, if you've been doing the same workout for more than 2 weeks you need to switch it up. Such as instead of walking 30 min, start running, or do intervals of walking for 2 min. then jogging for 1 min. (that's helped me a ton) or you can jump rope or any other method of cardio that you like. Start incorperating weights if you haven't already, and if you are lifting, try doing a different routine.

And make sure you are eating your exercise cals. some people are for this and some aren't, but i've found it works for me. and DRINK YOUR WATER!

Hope this helps!
  • plussized
    plussized Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Plain and simple, if you aren't eating back the amount of calories you are burning off, your body will put itself in starvation mode.
  • clhales2002
    Options
    yes im getting measured at curves-i just got measured so today when i go in i will get the paper to show me what is happening..i dont know if its because i only need to lose 5-10lbs that its making it harder.
    yes i do the intervals of walking/running too--using weights-doing it all..
    the weird thing is last year when i was 156..it took 12 weeks before i saw any changes..so i may just have to keep holding out!
  • clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/44693-tami-s-secret-to-skinny

This answered my questions and cleared up my confusion.
    Check it out.
    Good luck.
    :bigsmile: