New marathon/half marathon in St. Louis!!

Options
Hey guys! Just thought I'd let you all know that St. Louis is having its first Rock n Roll marathon/half marathon this year!! It's sponsored by Solutia and benefits TASK (Team Activities for Special Kids). It's going to be an amazing event and benefits a great charity!! It will be on October 23rd - plenty of time for you to train if you're interested in doing a marathon or half! It will be my third half marathon and my first one in the fall so I'm pretty excited.

Here is the link if you're interested:

http://www.active.com/marathon/st-louis-mo/solutia-rock-n-roll-st-louis-marathon-and-12-marathon-2011?cmp=10-1

Registration fees increase on July 1 so if you want to sign up, I'd do it before then! Also, feel free to friend me if you would like some support or anything!!

Replies

• AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I just ran a Rock N' Roll 1/2 in Nashville and it was an amazing experience. I might seriously consider one in the 'Lou!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    What do you know about the course? Do you have an extra bed I can sleep in ... LOL!
  • crissa413
    crissa413 Posts: 67
    Options
    Not sure about the course yet - I don't think it's been released and since it's new, I don't have much info. Though I think it will be around downtown area which is where my last two halfs have been and it's an awesome course with some hills of course since it's the midwest :) Let me know if you're serious about it and I'll try to find some more info out. One of my co-workers is on the TASK Board and may have more info that I do. And I do have a spare room, lol!
  • malenahan
    malenahan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The marathon is only a month away! Who has signed up? I'm doing the full and am getting very excited. I have my last "long run" this weekend before taper.