Welcome Me Back?

Options
My whole life it seems I have either been trying to lose or failing at maintaining my weight. I have a pretty stressful job and let myself go these past couple of years. My two wake up calls have been the dreaded scale at the doctor (190 at 5’2” - heavy sigh) and a photo from this week of me holding my son’s birthday cake out to him (that’s ME?!?!!). I know I’ve always done better when I am active in groups, though. I will be 50 in Jan and feel older than I actually am (my feet hurt all the time). I need to make some lasting changes post-menopause. I’m not in a hurry and want something sustainable. My current goal is 130.

Please feel free to add me as a friend! I need all the help I can get!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,741 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

Wishing you success - you can do this! I went from 183 starting pounds to currently 130ish (and have been around that/healthy range for 7+ years since loss), having started at age 59 (now 67). The results will be worth it, if your experience is like mine: Big quality of life improvement.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I know this all too well too, i've been at this on and off for years but i've had some wake up calls (health-wise) lately so i've been back since April this year. I'm going slow (goal: 250g loss each week), i just want to lose consistently and eat better in general (+ exercize a bit).
    You can do it too!
    Feel free to add me if you want!
  • m4bzkc2
    m4bzkc2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too! Starting again today after losing and then gaining back 30 pounds. I’m hoping to get off the yo-yo cycle for good.
  • jenkspaf
    jenkspaf Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your warm welcomes. It means a lot to me to hear from people with similar experiences. If there’s ever anything I can do to support you all in your journeys, please feel free to reach out!

Jen