Crunchy Snacks

Options
Hi all I'm looking for ideas on crunchy healthy snacks. Any and all ideas welcomed.

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Google is your friend🙂
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,434 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies; pickled veggies; crispy broadbeans, lentils or chickpeas; dry roasted soybeans; apples or some types of pears.

Some of those things are pretty low in calories, others have enough nutrition (IMO) to justify their calories.
  • amandafroiland
    amandafroiland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes! All kinds of flavors and low cal. Try the regular round cakes by quaker instead of the little circle chips, its less calories similar flavors. I recommend white cheddar, or apple cinnamon.
  • spacetreemonkey
    spacetreemonkey Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Pickles, popcorn, chips, dried fruit, pretzels
  • 8rbncr8mv5
    8rbncr8mv5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I found crispy crunchy okra at Trader Joe’s that I’m pretty obsessed with right now. Pickles are also good, I had some spicy dill pickle chips that I swear I could’ve eaten the whole jar at once. Even with controlling myself it only took about 5 days.
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I use pork rinds to get my crunch on. 5 or 6 and I'm satisfied (unlike w/chips where I can't seem to ever stop). No blood sugar spike.

Raw veggies give me indigestion and I don't eat any type of grains or heavy carbs, so pork rinds have become my go-to for the crunchie munchies.

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,658 Member
    Options
    A lot of products sold for deep frying at home to make crunchy snacks will puff up to a crisp in the microwave. Typically they need to cool to before getting brittle.
    Asian prawn crackers, indian pappadoms fall in this category. I have also done Vietnamese rice paper sold for making summer rolls and potato chips from thinly sliced raw potatoes laid out on a single layer atop some baking paper.
    Here's an example with pappadoms.
    vh1xmozdrskm.jpeg
    6fu2pvnf2shc.jpeg

• brittanystebbins95
    Options
    Healthy is a rather subjective term.
    But if you're looking for things with natural, whole ingredients, without a whole lot of preservatives, or artificial coloring or flavors, you can't go wrong with raw veggies or nuts.
    Wasabi peas are delicious, if you like spice. Air fried snap peas or chick peas. You can buy these pre-made or make them yourself.
    Quaker rice chips are delicious, and pop corners. Or just plain popcorn, without all the butter and salt. There are low calorie, pre-packaged, single serve popcorns without a bunch of added stuff, too. And they've got good flavor. You just have to read the ingredients.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Pickles, carrots or other raw vegetables
  • mpwalker9791
    mpwalker9791 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im a huge fan or seasoned nori sheets. you can buy them pre seasoned or make them yourself with some olive oil and your fav seasoning, then just bake