Sort of a new member

Options
I've been a member for approx 36 days, and have made remarkable progress. But for the past 6 days, I have "hit the wall"; I have good excuses, blisters, a gout flare up, but I know it's more psychological than physical. When I started, I powered through a gout flare up, but when I hit that first 20lb loss, I wanted to celebrate, I wanted to go off the diet, and just didn't feel like working out. I got back on the treadmill today, and I hope to lift later in the day, assuming my gout doesn't stop me, or my mind.
Anyway, I'm sure we all go through some bad days--Happy to hear how you got through it. I know my extraordinary weight loss (22lbs in 28 days) can't be maintained--but I'm on a 6-day plateau. Still way ahead of my longer term goals, but if I don't kick this recent attitude, I won't make those longer goals.

Replies

• jdogdiggitydo
    jdogdiggitydo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your body is telling you something, don't forget to listen. Remember, this journey is lifelong, not a sprint. So take a minute and rest. If you've hit a wall or borderline burned out, this is something that has helped me out in the past. First, keep the exercise schedule. At home? Continue to go at the same time and same spot. At the gym? Still go. But switch it up. Yoga, stretching, light weights and increased reps. If you still want to hit the all out grind, rewrite your workout, shock your body into moving past the plateau. It sounds like your fitness path has just begun so no matter what you do, keep the schedule!! It is so much harder to restart than it is to take it down a notch and "active rest".
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    You just made your own very good argument for
    "This is a lifestyle, not a temporary diet."