What is your faverite Salad?

Options
CALIECAT
CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
Mine is a big bowl of shedded lettuce. Pkg. of tina. thinly slice apple with skin, Any non strach veggies I might have on hand 2 T light ranch dressing Along with a slice of whole wheat toast and yogurt. There you have a good filling and healthy meal. Caliecat

Replies

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Mine is a big bowl of shedded lettuce. Pkg. of tina. thinly slice apple with skin, Any non strach veggies I might have on hand 2 T light ranch dressing Along with a slice of whole wheat toast and yogurt. There you have a good filling and healthy meal. Caliecat
  • afnewfield
    Options
    I like 1 - 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce, 1 tablespoon shredded italian blend cheese, 1 tablespoon dried cranberries, and 2 tablespoons of poppyseed salad dressing. I usually eat this as a side with a lean meat, like chicken breast or a mild fish.
  • jspruden05
    Options
    Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad is to die for!

But if I'm making my own salad...

Big bowl of 1/2 spinach, 1/2 hearts of romain
    Grilled chicken, parmasean cheese, raisins, walnuts, cucumber, broccoli and delicious Blue Cheese Vinegarette dressing!

omg, my mouth is literally watering now! :love:
  • kimmundt
    kimmundt Posts: 19
    Options
    Mine is a Chicken cobb.

Grilled Chicken, Romaine Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, Avacado, 2% shredded cheese, chopped turkey bacon, light blue cheese dressing....
  • LauraK216
    LauraK216 Posts: 104
    Options
    I love chicken caesar salads! It just sucks the dressing isn't so figure friendly! I usually go with a FF ranch instead!

Also, a lot of times I'll have a small salad with dinner that is just iceberg, carrots, cukes (if I have them), parmesan cheese, and some Ken's Italian Vinegarette dressing! SO good! (I like the spray dressing because it's only X amount of carbs per spray!)
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I love caesar salad as well, that's why i only have it as a treat!!! Myself, i don't like lite dressings. I use the regular but just a little bit. I try to fill up on oven roasted frozen veggies i get a sam's club.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks for all the wonderful salads ideals. Love my salads . think I will just make this a Salad Day.----Calie
  • Elita
    Elita Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love chicken caesar salads! It just sucks the dressing isn't so figure friendly! I usually go with a FF ranch instead!

Also, a lot of times I'll have a small salad with dinner that is just iceberg, carrots, cukes (if I have them), parmesan cheese, and some Ken's Italian Vinegarette dressing! SO good! (I like the spray dressing because it's only X amount of carbs per spray!)
    I love the regular ceaser dressing also but since its loaded with calories i bought ceaser vinegrette and its awsome, you should try it!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Here's another one of my faverite salad.

Bean taco Salad

2 to 3 cups Shredded lettuce
    1/2 cup chilie beans, rinsed
    taco sauce mixed wisth 1 T. light ranch dressing
    a little 2 % shredded mexican cheese
    So good and filling
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I like baby romaine, diced watermelon, balsamic & EVOO with Parmesano Reggiano cheese. I make big curls with my potato peeler. Some kosher salt & fresh ground pepper. Add in some grilled chicken and it's dinner.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sounds good. May have to give it a try.
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of you I love caesar salad with grilled chicken, but I don't usually get the regular caesar dressing because of the calories and it's so thick it weighs down the salad. I found a fabulous alternative. Mix 2 Tbsp. Ken's lite northern italian and 1 Tbsp. Ken's creamy caesar. The taste is just wonderful and it pours on the salad a lot easier. This tops a very large salad also so enough to share if you like.
  • happygirl518
    happygirl518 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love the Wildfire Chicken Salad from Bob Evans, or Caesar Salad or Broccoli Salad.
    Thanks for asking....nice healthy topic!!!
    Debbie, from msg board "Shape Up with the Daily Heet, Inches Away, and Let's Get Real:smile:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a spinach and strawberry salad mmmm.....I add some shrimps or chicken sometimes to it as well.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    My favorite is a spinach and strawberry salad mmmm.....I add some shrimps or chicken sometimes to it as well.

One of my faverite too. with rasberries dressing.
  • CALIECAT
    Options

One of my faverite too. with rasberries dressing.
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    the one I feed the Rabbit
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    3 cups baby greens & spinach mix
    1 green onion, snipped
    1/4 cup of cilantro
    2 tbsp Kraft Light Asian Sesame Dressing
    6 cooked shrimp, peeled and cooled

This is my favorite salad. I almost always have frozen shrimp, so I end up making this for/with lunch quite often.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Why don't men like salads?. My husband will not eat them at all. Except a pineapple salad with shredded lettuce, pineapple. Dab mayo , grated cheese and a cherry.
  • abbylove08
    abbylove08 Posts: 215
    Options
    these all sound SO good.

i like to take baby spinach, grilled chicken, onion, black olives, green pepper, salsa, and sour cream. it's like a taco salad from a mexican rest. but better FOR you and better TASTING.

mm.