Billy Blank; Tae Bo/Bootcamp, Does it work?

Options
Okay, I just bought a few DVDs of Billy Blanks Boot camp/Tae Bo and was wondering if anyone else has done this and had success? If so how much have you lost? :o Are you still using it? Have you just started?

Am I just wasting my time? :huh:

I would love to hear from you! :bigsmile:

Thanks for your time,

Taylor :heart:

Replies

• sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm living proof!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Love Billy Blanks Tae Bo...its how I started losing my weight in the beginning! He kicks my booty every time I switch up my routine! Love it!!:happy:
  • LeslieMartina
    LeslieMartina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Anything that gets you moving can be a success. You just have to keep doing it and eat within your calories. :)
  • devenwarvel
    devenwarvel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Love Billy Blanks!! I am always sore after I do it...no matter how often I have been working out!
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Love tae bo and Billy's boot camp. Doing the boot camp one this afternoon in fact. Really gets you sweating and moving and you can definitely feel the effects of it and all the good it's doing your body after the first session. I've been doing those workouts coupled with some 30DS, walking, belly dancing etc and have lost 29lbs so far.
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    Options
    OMG!!! that stuff was the shizzz.

i remember back in 6th grade we did that for 5 days in a row in gym for 30 min. i lost 5lbs in a week from doing that. his vids r soooo fun :] it def works!!!
  • LoseThat123
    Options
    Ah! Thanks for all the replies everyone! [: Definitely excited about starting this evening, possibly dying in the process, but heck, it'll be worth it in the long run! :smile:
  • justme81
    justme81 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love Billy Blank's workouts. I've lost 11 pounds so far from his Bootcamp/Tae Bo DVDs. I just ordered three more DVDs this week.
  • tlehrmann1019
    Options
    I just bought a few of Billy Blank's DVDs, but I'm not getting them to show up when I input them in the cardio section of the exercises to see how many calories I burn doing them. Does anyone know how or where I can go to get an accurate calorie count? Thanks.

15959118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SkinnyShadow
    SkinnyShadow Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    He had this one video (cassette!) that was the hardest workout I've ever done EVER! I never finished it without running in place for a little while (couldn't keep up lol)...yeah. Second to that would be the six and a half hour run I did and puked after... and yeah, for some reason Billy Blank's workout was memorably harder.

I have no idea how many cals you would burn - it would depend on the workout... just put 1000/20mins :p (j/k)
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    He had this one video (cassette!) that was the hardest workout I've ever done EVER! I never finished it without running in place for a little while (couldn't keep up lol)...yeah. Second to that would be the six and a half hour run I did and puked after... and yeah, for some reason Billy Blank's workout was memorably harder.

I have no idea how many cals you would burn - it would depend on the workout... just put 1000/20mins :p (j/k)

I know exactly what you mean! I had this 8min workout cassette and by the 3rd min I was done for! But he is great! Here is an idea to switch it up! (I'll be doing his workout tonight)
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo is my number one workout. I own almost all of Billy's workouts, except for one of his VHS sets. If the price is right for anyone, I think you should get his PT 24/7 program. It's cheaper in the stores. I can't wait until his new workout comes out in March. It's called Tae Bo Express. It's 96 minutes long. It's broken down into (8) 10 minute workouts. You can preview the workout on Collagevideo.com.

I suggest Billy fans get Billy Power Round workouts. He has four of them. 8 minute, 12 minute, 20 minute and 30 minute. I own the 20 minute and 30 minute workouts. Billy has packed a punch in these workouts. You can find them on Amazon.com.
  • nicobase5
    Options
    I also have the dvd's but only 3 of them.
    Is it correct to have only 3 dvd's or have to be 4?

What happens with the training schedule after week 4?
    Starting again with week 1 or keep doing week 4 each week?

Thanks very much,