Arrrrggghhh!!!! .5 from Obese on the BMI!!

I cannot believe it. If this is not motivation then I don't know what is. I just checked the BMI calculater and I am at 29.5...Obese is 30. How did I let myself get to this point?? At least I have a first goal - to get back down to "Normal" on the BMI calcluator. That is about 27 pounds. I can do this!!!!!!

Replies

• Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    I'm working toward being that .5 under Obese. :laugh: It'll come.
  • Don't fret! You know where you are and where you want to be and with eating right and exercising you'll get there in due time!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    I set my goal first before checking the bmi thing - my goal weight was to be overweight LOL - I don't know from thin

I've NEVER been 'healthy' weight as far as I know since high school so this will all be a learning experience to me once I get below OVERweight (IF ever)
  • Over Weight is my goal weight I don't want to be skinny, I don't like the thought I know that sounds weird, but If I can maintain a healthy lifestyle and stay about 160 I'd be happy
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    You have a goal, you have the tools and you know what to do. You are on your way to meeting your goal. Hang in there! You can do this!:happy:
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Also know that BMI is a fickle creature... I know plenty of people who have a great body fat % but because they are bodybuilders, BMI still says overweight, close to obese. Since I myself cannot claim that special circumstance LOL I was overjoyed to get to the downside of that obese line :drinker: Hey, we all had to start somewhere! And see, you are ahead of the game since you are already there! LOL
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Yes you can do this!! That is about where I was when I started on here. It takes time so be patient but I figured what else was I going to be doing except continuing to gain!! Good luck and just take it one day at a time:)
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    I was marked obesed. I am now 1lb from being "Normal" range.... If I can do it you can do it....
  • Look at the steps you have taken so far! Realization, desire to change, and getting on MFP. Well done. You can definitely do this!

Lucy :)
  • Yoyogonzo
    Yoyogonzo Posts: 6 Member
    This is the most awesome support on this board. I am so happy I found MFP :) I am going to succeed this time!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,794 Member
    I'm way into the obese category:grumble: I want to be mid-range inside healthy category ultimately. But right at this moment I'll be thrilled just to get out of obese category.:frown: