why did fitness pal increase my calorie goal?

I started ten days ago..with 1200 calorie goal..I wanted to lose 2 pounds a week..and exercise 3 times a week..so dar I've exerciced 9 days out of the ten and I've stayed under my calorie goal....I also increase my weight by 10 pounds because I realized my scale was not working properly ..so I bought a new one.....now my calorie goal jumped up to 1360..I'm scared..because if that's some kind of glitch..then I won't be losing any pound...has anyone experienced this before...please help me understand...

Replies

• The more you weigh the more calories you need to survive. When you increased your weight the system increased your daily intake to maintain the weight loss you want
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    MFP figures in an amount of calories that you need to simple be alive and support the body you have now. Those calories are still including you losing weight (if you have established your goals), but you CAN change those goals.

Go to My Home / Goals / Change Goals / Custom and make them whatever you want them to be.
  • Going under 1200 calories is starving yourself and your body will start holding on to everything you eat. Maybe you scared MFP!!!
  • yeah 1200 sounds a bit low
  • Lol..ur funny...how long did it take u to lose 18 lb?
  • Thanx guys for ur replies...greatly appreciated