Options
Hello everyone I am new here. I joined to help me to action in loosing weight i gained weight quite a bit since i was 18 now 22 and mad at myself for the state I've got I'm now 18 stone and feel like I can never loose it when i look at myself. been on here two days and haven't had any crisps and drank three bottle of water over two days which is crap but better than my usual coke. I get caught out when i think well one burger wont hurt me as I'm not getting thin anytime soon but i know in my heart its not true and staying away and thought of replacing that with pot and noodle and soup and weight watchers bread and still struggling with recipes. Strangley I can manage a dance class and not get out of breathe but cant manage two minutes of running anyone have any idea why? I do want to give running a try. Thanks for listening. x

Replies

• melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I know it's crap to get started, I always felt the same way too! I've always struggled with my weight, but once I had my children it skyrocketed out of control! What made me realize I had to change was that my doctor did some tests and found a large amount of fatty tissue on my liver. She said I could go into renal failure and it would kill me if I continued this way. But I still didn't take it seriously, then this year it just clicked in my head, I have children to take care of! I have to do this!

So here we are. I know how you feel about the soda, It used to be all I would drink. I still drink about one a day, sometimes two if it fits in with my calories for the day, but lots and lots of water helps tremendously!

If you figure out the running thing let me know, because I would love to run also. I can walk for miles at a time, but less than a minute of jogging and I'm down and out.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome xx

As for running, just run for 30 seconds one day, then take it up to 45 the next day, all in your own time, make sure you have good trainers and insoles!!

It wont be long before you are up to half an hour!!

You would walk to one lamp post, then jog to the other, do that for 2 mins!! What ever fits in with you!! I promise, you will see a difference after a month if you keep up with it at least 2+ times a week, 3 times would be ideal! xx
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend or if you have any questions just message me xx I have never ran in my life till last year, then I ran a half in March and again in September!! Also I have paid to run again in the Bristol half next March xx
  • bodyattack89
    bodyattack89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much ladies I feel very welcome already. Melanie J, everyone has the time where it clicks and I had that and I hope I can do well as I'm sure you've already done does water actually help you loose weight?

Thanks Adrenaline your post really helped and I will definitely get running. Your profile was also inspiring and encouraging to read to get fit just seeing someone athletic gets me read and going, as I used to be quite the athlete a few years ago.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    One step at a time up to one stride at a time...you'll be there in no time ;)
    Just dont go out 1000% from the get go.
  • melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Melanie J, everyone has the time where it clicks and I had that and I hope I can do well as I'm sure you've already done does water actually help you loose weight?

Everyone says it does, I can't say for sure, though I know my cutting waaaaay back on my sodas helped TREMENDOUSLY!

It also helped that the doc told me to do a 1400 calorie diet, and when I saw how much of my calories would be going to soda, I was like nuh uh! lol. That's food my body needs to keep me going on this journey! Good luck hun, keep at it!