Eggs...how many do you do?

Options

Replies

• prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't eat eggs that much, but I usually have 2 with the yolks inside. It feels me up :)
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't eat eggs that much, but I usually have 2 with the yolks inside. It feels me up :)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Three to six.
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    you are absolutely right!! Eggs are the only protein that is a complete protein, other sources of protein are incomplete, and you have to eat other proteins to get all of the amino acids
    Eggs are high in cholesterol so I eat just the whites (2 or 3 a day)

Since they are pretty much the most nutritionally dense things on earth, I recommend eating some yolk. I do 1 whole egg to 1 egg white when I make scrambles or omelets.
  • Cityperks
    Cityperks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I once saw a report on tv where a guy was having 18 whole eggs raw mainly in shakes and his cholesterol went down. My naturapath says they have lecithin in them which helps breakdown the cholesterol......lot's of different takes on the humble egg eh?
  • AlohaBrook
    Options
    I usally use one whole egg and the add three egg whites for a scramble. For some reason I need that color that the one egg brings to the plate.
  • morez610
    morez610 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear i'm not alone on this! =)

I try to limit myself to maybe 10 to 15 Eggs per week. I know that even though the yolk in the egg is still considered "Good" Cholesterol, it still kinda scares me when I look at my daily diary and it has a big fat -450 Chol left for the day (yikes)

While we're on the subject, does everyone here buy into the notion that baking eggs (like in a quiche or something) reduces the cholesterol impact versus frying it? Just curious...
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have read in multiple places that eating eggs for breakfast is a great way to get your calorie burning engine fired up. All I know is the mornings I get up and have a whole egg for breakfast I seem to have a better day, more energy and more weight loss. I usually only eat one a day but that is just preference.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Wait....your eggs do WHAT to you?
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    LOVE EGG WHITES
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm in the 1 egg 3 - 4 times a week camp. Sometimes 2. In recent months, it tends to be 1 egg + 1 or 2 egg whites in a breakfast recipe, maybe 2 - 3 times during the week, then maybe 2 fried or poached one morning at a restaurant on the weekend. I don't think it's doing you harm to eat a few more but on the other hand, if you're a big "savory breakfast" person like I am, it can do you good to replace a few breakfasts a week with cereal, berries and yogurt, for instance, or a smoothie, for variety etc. That said, my egg-based breakfasts, as some say here, keep me going longer and "work" well for me - I make fruit, grain and dairy breakfasts especially earlier mornings when I'm not as hungry - and almost always need a bigger lunch!
  • clubbybear
    clubbybear Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When I have eggs, it's usually three eggs, but I only have them about once a week on the weekend. I normally don't have time to cook them during the week for breakfast. Once in awhile for dinner.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I only eat one at a time when I have them--maybe 3 times a week.
  • Nolynoelia20
    Options
    I have 2 whole hard boiled eggs every mornin for breakfast!
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    6, maybe 8 a week, always whole unless I'm making meringue or something like that. Lately I've been having eggs for breakfast on the mornings I run.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 5 eggs a day (4 whites only, 1 whole egg) almost every day since December. Had a physical in July & compared to last July (when I was still super fat & all my cholesterol numbers were borderline horrendous), every single one of my cholesterol measurements improved. I scramble them with a serving of some salty, fatty meat like chorizo, Spam, bacon or spicy smoked sausage. I literally NEVER get tired of it. Low carb rocks.

P.S. The only reason I toss most of the yolks is because of the fat content, not the cholesterol. The less yolks I eat, the more bacon I can have. Nom.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    I typically eat nine whites and three yolks a day. I like eggs. A lot. :bigsmile:
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, 2 whites most mornings now ............. but at least 2-4 eggs a day for many years now............i dont go to Dr's though, so i couldn't tell you what my cholesterol is as a result.........
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    2 eggs a day.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 whole eggs (scrambled) per day. I might change to one whole egg and the egg whites. So far my english muffin with peanut butter and scrambled eggs breakfast has kept me full 100% until lunch time... which is awesome! So I will probably stick to it. I have no idea how my cholesterol is affected. I eat other foods that help lower it, plus I exercise. If my levels are too high next time I go check it at the docs I will probably switch to egg whites.