Grocery Shopping Online?

Options
So, i have been looking into Grocery Delivery services in my area (North of Seattle), and I am wondering if anyone else has/does Grocery Delivery?

My BF and I only have 1 car, and it's been this way for about a year. I carpool or take the bus to and from work, but since he works mostly nights and weekends, he takes the car. This leaves me at home alone a lot, and i don't always get to do my weekly grocery shopping. This means i resort to delivery, or i can walk to the store, about a half mile up the road, but i can only buy what i can carry with me.

Delivery of groceries would reduce the need to get to the store all the time, and probably prevent me from getting stuck in the ice cream aisle for 15 minutes each time!! And since i'm trying to finally take hold of my eating habits, and start meal planning better, i'm thinking this might be a better option!

So, thoughts, opinions, feedback?! anything would be appreciated!!

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I used to get my groceries delivered when I was a student without a car. It was absolutely wonderful!! The best part was that since I was a student and on a tight budget, every time I added something to my cart it would renew my total and I knew exactly how much I was spending.

The only problem I could see now is that depending how good the side is you may not be able to look up nutritional info on the products you are purchasing easily.

Also, depending on who is picking your groceries produce can be hit and miss.
  • glittersoul
    Options
    I have done that with safeway and you can see the nutritional info on most of the items. I also know that in some areas you can order from albertsons and then just pick it up.
  • JosalynSmith
    JosalynSmith Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I live in the Seattle area and we use Amazon Fresh for our groceries. I love it! I would have to say that there are times when I'm not happy with the produce, but over all it's totally worth it since I hate going to the grocery store. They are pretty good about reinbursing you if you tell them the food was bad, so that's good. There has been many times where we ordered groceries at 8pm and were able to have our groceries delivered predawn the next morning. They are typically pretty quiet when they deliver the food too. We have a dog that barks if anyone walks up our front steps and he doesn't even hear them most of the time. I would totally recomend Amazon Fresh.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I've never had groceries delivered but I would think the ability to purchase only exactly what you wanted would probably make up for the delivery cost. I know my son used Safeway's service when he was away at college in Northern CA without a car for a semester and he really liked it.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    My parents use one for their area, and love the service. They say, as do others, that sometimes the fresh produce isn't ideal, but love the freedom it gives them. I would totally use one if one was available in my area (as the parent of two small kids, grocery shopping is an ordeal).
    Try it, you may love it!
  • hefinator
    Options
    I live in the Seattle area and we use Amazon Fresh for our groceries. I love it! I would have to say that there are times when I'm not happy with the produce, but over all it's totally worth it since I hate going to the grocery store. They are pretty good about reinbursing you if you tell them the food was bad, so that's good. There has been many times where we ordered groceries at 8pm and were able to have our groceries delivered predawn the next morning. They are typically pretty quiet when they deliver the food too. We have a dog that barks if anyone walks up our front steps and he doesn't even hear them most of the time. I would totally recomend Amazon Fresh.

I've been looking into the Amazon Fresh delivery. We have a Safeway right up the street, and even an Albertsons not too far. Typically, if i DO go major shopping, i do it at the Winco not too far from us, but its becoming a hassle to have the car and get there! I like how Amazon has the Free Delivery option if you order so much in groceries. If i orders once a week, i should have no problem reaching those amounts!