Replies

• Rockman67
    Rockman67 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @Twinkletoes2023 --Gorgeous
  • _Brigit
    _Brigit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    13k loss and new hair day… I’m not impressed I’m used to my natural curls 🥴 can’t wait to wash it and see how short it bounces 🫣
    1e63lponq1wj.jpeg

Love the hair. I'm useless with a hairdryer.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,838 Member
    Options
    mizroxy13 wrote: »
    856dq6riq7al.jpeg

I like your belt-bag
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    mizroxy13 wrote: »
    856dq6riq7al.jpeg

I like your belt-bag

Aww thanks babe!
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Rockman67 wrote: »
    @crazyhorse8 --beautiful an that awesome smile

Thank you, very sweet!
  • Twinkletoes2023
    Twinkletoes2023 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    _Brigit wrote: »
    13k loss and new hair day… I’m not impressed I’m used to my natural curls 🥴 can’t wait to wash it and see how short it bounces 🫣
    1e63lponq1wj.jpeg

Thanks it was done at the salon .. I’m not great with a hair dryer either, I usually just tip my head upside down and diffuse it.. I’ve washed it now and I’m a frizz bomb 🫣 blonde highlights are awful 😣
  • Cajunbby93
    Cajunbby93 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    1e63lponq1wj.jpeg

Thanks it was done at the salon .. I’m not great with a hair dryer either, I usually just tip my head upside down and diffuse it.. I’ve washed it now and I’m a frizz bomb 🫣 blonde highlights are awful 😣

Okay this is where I come in. Hairdresser here.
    Here’s a couple options

1. Olaplex shampoo and conditioner, Amika soul food deep conditioner and if your feeling extra get the mirror ball treatment. The shine is AMAZING.

Or

2. Amika Hydro Rush or MirrorBall shampoo and conditioner. Olaplex deep conditioning Mask. And once a week Olaplex Purple shampoo.

Olaplex is a bond builder but a bond builder alone won’t help with the health of your hair, especially if your a blonde. You need that protein.

And for the frizz. Moroccan oil smoothing lotion brushed through and if you want root lift BIG SEXY HAIR ROOT LIFT. Remember when you’re blow drying upside down or now to hold the nozzle of the blow dryer down not up. When you hold the nozzle up it’s roughing up your cuticle causing that frizzy look.
  • _Brigit
    _Brigit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Cajunbby93 wrote: »
    1e63lponq1wj.jpeg

Here’s a couple options

1. Olaplex shampoo and conditioner, Amika soul food deep conditioner and if your feeling extra get the mirror ball treatment. The shine is AMAZING.

Or

2. Amika Hydro Rush or MirrorBall shampoo and conditioner. Olaplex deep conditioning Mask. And once a week Olaplex Purple shampoo.

Olaplex is a bond builder but a bond builder alone won’t help with the health of your hair, especially if your a blonde. You need that protein.

And for the frizz. Moroccan oil smoothing lotion brushed through and if you want root lift BIG SEXY HAIR ROOT LIFT. Remember when you’re blow drying upside down or now to hold the nozzle of the blow dryer down not up. When you hold the nozzle up it’s roughing up your cuticle causing that frizzy look.

I've never tried Amika. Thanks for the tip. I use Olaplex sometimes and I love Moroccan oil.
  • kidiki
    kidiki Posts: 22 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Mm2Hh7 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    Since two different selfie threads have been deleted in the last week I am starting a new one. No rules. All ages and sizes welcome here!

So fun fact: When people say "no rules" in a thread name the thread usually doesn't last very long. Some people don't know about the Community Guidelines and that's when:

bz6ikdaeq79p.gif

But everyone's selfie looks great. Keep up the great work and I hope everyone meets their fitness and health goals.

Well *kitten*

What is this *kitten* nonsense? It sounds like a condescending innuendo? There is enough weirdness online. Does it have to bleed over onto this site too?
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,044 Member
    Options
    1e63lponq1wj.jpeg

Here’s a couple options

Or

Olaplex was always kinda meh for me. But then I read about the lawsuits and wondered if it was very widespread. Hair loss I believe? The salon I still help out at has never carried it. So you’ve always had good luck with it? I liked the oil. (Non-practicing but still licensed hair stylist who doesn’t keep up on things apparently😂🙈)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,131 Member
    Options
    kidiki wrote: »
    Since two different selfie threads have been deleted in the last week I am starting a new one. No rules. All ages and sizes welcome here!

So fun fact: When people say "no rules" in a thread name the thread usually doesn't last very long. Some people don't know about the Community Guidelines and that's when:

bz6ikdaeq79p.gif

But everyone's selfie looks great. Keep up the great work and I hope everyone meets their fitness and health goals.

Well *kitten*

What is this *kitten* nonsense? It sounds like a condescending innuendo? There is enough weirdness online. Does it have to bleed over onto this site too?

You must be new here. This is what the discussion bot uses to replace words that are considered offensive.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    kidiki wrote: »

bz6ikdaeq79p.gif

Well *kitten*

Are you asking why the word kitten is there? MFP censors words they deem offensive or explicit and replaces them with *kitten*. So you type a swear word or some other words and *kitten* appears when you post it. I think just for something kinda silly to replace certain words? I’m not sure if that’s what you’re asking.
  • Cajunbby93
    Cajunbby93 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    1e63lponq1wj.jpeg

Here’s a couple options

Or

Olaplex was always kinda meh for me. But then I read about the lawsuits and wondered if it was very widespread. Hair loss I believe? The salon I still help out at has never carried it. So you’ve always had good luck with it? I liked the oil. (Non-practicing but still licensed hair stylist who doesn’t keep up on things apparently😂🙈)
    1e63lponq1wj.jpeg

Here’s a couple options

Or

So what’s happening is they sell Olaplex at Ulta or Sephora now? Used to you could only get it in salon. Well people knew it was a good thing. Well, they did what kids with unlimited candy with no supervision do. They only want the candy and neglect other parts of nutrition. Now to much of what these kids “want” chocolate and end up with a belly ache and start throwing up because

Olaplex is a bond builder. So it goes in and repairs everything but if your complexly heal your hair and you keep overloading it, eventually it’ll become brittle thus resulting in hair loss.

That’s why I don’t give people the complete line of Olaplex, they can either do the Olaplex shampoo and conditioner with a mask that has protein and other vitamins or they can do another brand shampoo and conditioner with the deep conditioner and maybe the oil. When I was blonde I was an Olaplex oil lover. But when people skip going to the salon and just walk into the store and can just get it and they don’t get guidance you get a bunch of Tik tokers with their hair falling out

Ive had the in salon treatment take someone’s hair that was dreaded from them damaging it at home with bleach kits from Sally’s and sage it.
    I’ve had it save a lady that I got platinum blonde like almost transparent and it was in good shape decide not to listen to me and go get a perm somewhere else because I told her no. And her hair shriveled and was hard and not moving. It was INSANE. .

I hope that made sense. But if you weren’t a fan.K-18 is nice..
  • MelG7777
    Options
    1e63lponq1wj.jpeg

Here’s a couple options

Or

1e63lponq1wj.jpeg

Here’s a couple options

Or

So what’s happening is they sell Olaplex at Ulta or Sephora now? Used to you could only get it in salon. Well people knew it was a good thing. Well, they did what kids with unlimited candy with no supervision do. They only want the candy and neglect other parts of nutrition. Now to much of what these kids “want” chocolate and end up with a belly ache and start throwing up because

Olaplex is a bond builder. So it goes in and repairs everything but if your complexly heal your hair and you keep overloading it, eventually it’ll become brittle thus resulting in hair loss.

That’s why I don’t give people the complete line of Olaplex, they can either do the Olaplex shampoo and conditioner with a mask that has protein and other vitamins or they can do another brand shampoo and conditioner with the deep conditioner and maybe the oil. When I was blonde I was an Olaplex oil lover. But when people skip going to the salon and just walk into the store and can just get it and they don’t get guidance you get a bunch of Tik tokers with their hair falling out

Ive had the in salon treatment take someone’s hair that was dreaded from them damaging it at home with bleach kits from Sally’s and sage it.
    I’ve had it save a lady that I got platinum blonde like almost transparent and it was in good shape decide not to listen to me and go get a perm somewhere else because I told her no. And her hair shriveled and was hard and not moving. It was INSANE. .

I hope that made sense. But if you weren’t a fan.K-18 is nice..

Oh it makes sense! I mean, it’s way more than I would have ever known but I did know that too much protein treatment could be really bad. So that all makes sense. You’re giving your clients great advice. Thank you.

Sorry friends…more pics. Keep ‘em coming.😏
  • Rockman67
    Rockman67 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @mizroxy13 awesome picture looking good love the ink work
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Rockman67 wrote: »
    @mizroxy13 awesome picture looking good love the ink work
    Aww thank you!