I'm a newbie

Options
I'm 52 years old, was told by my doctor that I'm prediabetic. I need to get healthier, I've started running again (doing the Galloway run-walk method).
I'm looking to lose about 50 lbs. I now have three granddaughters and want to spend lots of time with them.
BTW - I'm in Calgary
Tagged:

Replies

• IslandGal3
    IslandGal3 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    My running days are probably over, but I’m a big fan of the run/walk method.
    Your granddaughter is adorable! Enjoy those grandchildren.
    Good luck on your journey!
  • coonhoundmom50
    coonhoundmom50 Posts: 75 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I'll be 51 in 4 weeks. I'm 190 lbs. Last month I scheduled myself a physical exam because it's been 4 years since I been to my pcp so I thought it's time to get back on schedule. We'll I'm glad I did because just last week my labs come back saying I'm prediabetic and my cholesterol is high. **until I get in to the nutritionist, I'd like to know what my daily sugar macro should be so i can set it here in my daily value. My pcp made referral to a nutrition counselor at my hospital bariatric weight loss clinic. So just waiting for a call from them. All I know of my A1c is 5.9%. Not sure where to start.
  • Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely to meet you all
    Im 60 and Im pre diabetic too and my lab numbers are far from good., my liver is not good either because of being obese.. so.. the work starts now...going to do something about it 😀

Whose with me ....