AIR FRYER RECIPES

Options
libbywheatley__x
libbywheatley__x Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2023 in Recipes
hi i’m looking for healthy but still nice air fryer recipes. i’m a very beige eater

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Basically anything you would do in the oven can be done in an air fryer. It's just a small convection oven. I do chicken thighs, fish, I've done steak, roasted potatoes, roasted vegetables, etc.
  • blissbliss79
    blissbliss79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lamb cutlets, with a rub of olive oil, salt and pepper and fresh rosmary 🤤
  • loulee997
    loulee997 Posts: 273 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

CHICKEN WINGS
    Dethaw skinless chicken wings. Spritz with a spray olive oil. You can coat them either with just black pepper and salt. Cook for 15 to 25 minutes (depending on the number of wings). Since you have to stop and shake in the middle, it's you can adjust the length. Cook 1 side 8 minutes. Flip wings. Cook another 8 minutes. Cut one in half to see if it done enough. Depending on thickness, this should be enough.

CHICKEN WINGS BREADED
    OR--if you want breaded use EXTRA CRISPY Shake N Bake with 1 teaspoon of flour. Spritz with olive oil, roll in mixture of EX Crisp Shake N Bake, salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon of flour. Put in single layer in Air Fryer. Cook 8 minutes per side. Minimum of 16 minutes total. It can go up to 25 minutes depending on how many wings and thickness. If you want to get fancy use lemon pepper and garlic salt. It has to be Extra Crispy and it has to be the SHAKE N BAKE brand. The other kinds are sweet. You do not want sweet.

PORK CHOPS
    Pork Chops. Salt/Pepper both sides. Cook in the AIR FRYER for 7 minutes at 350 degrees. Flip the chops. Turn the heat up to 400 degrees. Depending on the thickness, cook another 7 to 12 minutes. Most of the time 7 minutes more is enough. By changing the temperatures, you'll get some browning.

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,718 Member
    Options
    The first thing I would do are wings. But any skin on chicken is fabulous as the aggressive fan is great at melting off subcutaneous fat so that the skin is paper thin. About 25 minutes at the highest temperature. Corn on the cob comes out great too.
    z6mabandrmjh.jpeg
    ztm4en0oild9.jpeg
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    How I use my air fryer almost every night:

I take out meat (steak, burger patties, chicken breast, chicken leg, pork chop, fish fillet, etc.). May be defrosted but can also be frozen.

I sprinkle on a little salt and seasonings, whatever I'm in the mood for. I put them in one side of the air fryer.

I put veggies, fresh or frozen, into the other side. Maybe add a little olive or coconut oil and sprinkle on some salt & garlic powder.

Look up how long to air fry that particular meat (time differs too if frzn or fresh). Set it and forget it.

Usually veggies are done after 10-15 minutes so I just stop that side or take them out at that point.

• jenroberts96
    jenroberts96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i love using the air fryer for making pizza in it.
  • steellikeabs
    steellikeabs Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I love using my air fryer on salmon fillets. Just season the fillet with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Spray or drizzle a little olive oil on it too. And then air fry for about 7 minutes, at 350-400°, basically until it looks cooked. And then throw the fillet on a bed of salad greens and/or mix of veggies to make a big salad. For dressing, I just squeeze a lemon and drizzle some olive oil or make a vinaigrette. Super easy, quick, and filling lunch for those busy days.