Old ways

Options
I found myself going back to my old ways back in the day I find myself eating and night and fell better than way , then during the day help

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat, it matters how much you eat. If you aren't hungry in the daytime, don't eat. Save the calories for later. Track everything you put in your mouth and try to stick to your calorie goals.
  • Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I’m the same…
    Lost 9lb….haven’t seen the scale budge for about 3 weeks… and I’ve Stuck to my calorie allowance during those 3 weeks

And today I’ve just thought ya know what…just eat and be happy!

So I’ve had a big Sunday lunch…

Me and calorie deficiting really isn’t working out anymore 🤣🤣🤣
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Lildarlinz wrote: »
    I’m the same…
    Lost 9lb….haven’t seen the scale budge for about 3 weeks… and I’ve Stuck to my calorie allowance during those 3 weeks

I mean... we've talked with you quite a bit about water retention... it could likely be that. But, it makes sense to take diet breaks too. Maybe take a few weeks off where you eat at maintenence and then give it another go. Mentally, we all need to step back now and then. You'll figure it out, I'm sure!
  • Cats_fitness_journey
    Options
    I’m the same…

Maybe you cut your calories too low/in a short period of time and your metabolism is slower now. That’s why it’s important to lose weight slowly. You probably are going to have to keep cutting down calories even more to see results. Building muscle can help speed up your metabolism, which can help eat more calories without gaining weight.
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I eat about 75% of my calories at and after dinner time. Not deliberately, just how it works out. I've never eaten breakfast, and a quick eggs and salad at my desk at lunch time. And I just enjoy food more of an evening. It makes no difference when you eat, as long as you a) stick to your calories and b) get your nutrition in.
  • flower3326
    flower3326 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I’m the same…

Maybe you cut your calories too low/in a short period of time and your metabolism is slower now. That’s why it’s important to lose weight slowly. You probably are going to have to keep cutting down calories even more to see results. Building muscle can help speed up your metabolism, which can help eat more calories without gaining weight.

If I build muscle how will I be able to eat more calories without gaining
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,735 Member
    Options
    flower3326 wrote: »
    I’m the same…

If I build muscle how will I be able to eat more calories without gaining

A pound of muscle (at rest) burns about 4 more calories per day than a pound of fat (which is also metabolically active). (Some researchers estimate 6-10 calories more per pound per day, but in any research-based estimate, it's a small number.)

So if you gain 10 pounds of muscle (which will take many months to years, realistically), you would be able to eat around 40 more calories daily than if it were 10 pounds of fat. Whee.

More important: If you get more muscular, slimmer, and fitter, movement will become easier and more fun, and you'll tend to do more of it . . . not just via exercise, but in regular daily life. It's even more likely that will happen if you make moving more in daily life an intentional thing, as you become more capable of it.

That would be how you can eat more calories without gaining. Some more, not infinitely many more, of course.