FYI: WATER WATER WATER - your body adjusts!

Options
So my co-worker and I started to increase our water intake. We both have 32 oz bottles that we keep at our desks - we both have desks jobs. When we go to a meeting - we take our water bottles. I drink (give or take) around 100 oz a day. He's 6' 5 so he drinks almost a gallon. (I'm a little 5'2).

After about the 3rd day, I stopped visiting the little girls room so often. My body was using the water! I've been doing this a little over two months and I can't tell you what a difference it has made in my skin and hair - let alone my joints and muscle tone. I"m almost 50 yrs old and my skin has drastically improved.

Just a little push for those trying to take the plunge to increase their water intake. PLAIN WATER - NO ADDITIONS :)
TRY IT!!!

Replies

• TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Very good advice. I agree with you 100 percent!
  • tcherry98
    Options
    Great topic. Thanks for the advice...this has definitely inspired me to drink more water :-)
  • clairibou1
    Options
    thank you! this was the push i needed! i started drinking more...2 liters a day but i went from probably a third of a liter (if that)...which didn't go so well if you can imagine. i almost fell over i was so dizzy! then i built up, but i got sick and stopped...time to start up again! wish me luck!
  • MrsPike07
    Options
    You are so right. I just increased my water intake (only around 64oz a day but it's a start) and the first two days I was in the bathroom non stop but today....not so much! I am slowly increasing it week by week. This is a hard adjustment for someone that only drank soda for years. But, I am going to make it to 100oz a day! :bigsmile:
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You are so right. I just increased my water intake (only around 64oz a day but it's a start) and the first two days I was in the bathroom non stop but today....not so much! I am slowly increasing it week by week. This is a hard adjustment for someone that only drank soda for years. But, I am going to make it to 100oz a day! :bigsmile:

You can do it! That's just 5 water bottles a day :) I use 2 bottles (20 oz), fill the old one and put it in the fridge when I take the new one out. I try to have one before I go to work, one before lunch, one with lunch, one before I get off work, one while I cook dinner, one after dinner...you get the idea.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Sigh....
  • janette130
    janette130 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    yes I suppose you don't need 8 glasses of water a day - your body can get by without it because it has to/can get it from other sources, but it sure has made a difference with me ;)
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    yes I suppose you don't need 8 glasses of water a day - your body can get by without it because it has to/can get it from other sources, but it sure has made a difference with me ;)

Exactly. When I was mainly drinking pop, juice, tea, energy drinks, etc. My skin was nowhere near as clear and smooth as it is now. My urine was a dark ugly yellow as well. (Plain) Water ftw!:happy:
  • janette130
    Options

Exactly. When I was mainly drinking pop, juice, tea, energy drinks, etc. My skin was nowhere near as clear and smooth as it is now. My urine was a dark ugly yellow as well. (Plain) Water ftw!:happy:
  • janette130
    Options
    Right on! I love it. Thanks for your input.
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    Sigh....

Nothing wrong with drinking water.......you don't HAVE to buy bottled water you know.....
  • hecallsmeroses
    Options
    I drink so much water now too, I never leave without my bottle in tow.
    I also know that as people get older they loose their ability to determine thirst so therefore they don't drink as much so another reason to get in the habit of drinking water regularly.
  • janette130
    Options
    someone should start an "increase your water" challenge. I would - but haven't a clue how.
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I freakin love water thanks to MFP. Nothing tastes as good after a workout or with a meal.