Holiday Encouragement Thread

Options
2»

Replies

• Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Reviving this thread in case it's helpful to anyone! The holidays are looming. I still don't have any parties to go to or any entertaining to do, which is helpful, but there are still a few challenges.

Since it worked so well in other years I'm getting seasonal herbal teas to drink in the evening. Right now it's Apple Cinnamon tea with a bit of vanilla Stevia in it, to mimic my favorite tea which is Caramel Apple, but I haven't found that on in stores this year. Both are made by Celestial Seasonings. When the holidays progress I'll add in things like gingerbread teas and mint teas.

It really helps me feel like I'm having something special, doesn't add calories, is soothing, and helps hydration.

The rest of my plan for this year is to use actual holidays like diet breaks, not to extend beyond the weekend, and to bump up my weight training a little on those days. Otherwise limiting holiday treats and not going beyond maintenance on other days helps a lot. I tend to want to eat a lot in winter so my biggest goal is not gaining - any losses would be great though.

Finally, I continue to prioritize good nutrition since that really does help limit cravings. This includes holiday treats I do make, including the cranberry jelly and pumpkin muffins mentioned above.

Any good plans from anyone else, or perhaps small indulgences that help you stave off bigger cravings?